12. Set Back

I believe last night had to be one of the worst nights for me. The memories were hitting me hard. I thought I was over them and that time in my life but I realized all I was doing was masking my pain. Masking the memory and the thought of what really happening to me. It became a huge set back for me personally and the relationship between Bren and I. Just the thought of a touch scared me and I completely understand why now.

It's been 2 weeks since that day Bren was talking to his mother in his room. Four days after that is when the nightmares started. I felt like I was a ghost going through life. But I didn't let that stop me from going to work. I know Brenton is wondering why I've been acting this way lately. I do plan on telling him but just not now. I'm not ready.

Brent POV

I don't know what's been up with Lei lately but I can tell it's really taking a toll on her. I hear her moaning and sometimes screaming while she's sleeping and it gives me a bad vibe. Something tells me it has something to do with what happened almost 2 months ago. I've looked up a psychologist for her because I honestly think she needs it.

She needs someone to talk to because leaving her in her own thoughts will do nothing but make it worse for her.

I just hope she doesn't take it the wrong way when I do finally tell her.