Chapter 15

Venessa's P.O.V

I shot up from my bed and looked at my phone to see what time it was and the moment I saw the time, I felt like slapping myself. I only had 15 minutes to get ready.

Who told you to stay up so late, now look you're late. I told myself mentally with a great urge to pull my hair in frustration.

A groan escaped from my lips as I felt like skipping work today as I'm dead ass sure that I would never make it at time but then I remember Andrew, I have to tell him about me and Vincent.

Just as I was about to enter the bathroom to get ready, the sound of the doorbell ringing made me stop on my track.

Who could it be? It's still so early.

I paddled out of my bedroom to open the door, taking my sweet time as I was still a bit sleepy.

Pulling the door opened, my eyes widened, now gone the sleepiness. I felt wide awake, and there would be no need for coffee anymore.

There, stood Vincent looking so fresh, wearing his crisp Armani suit with his hair styled back, looking sleek, while I was still in my sweatpants and crop top with my bed hair and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a drool on my face.

Shit... how can I forget that he's driving me to the diner, shit, shit...

"Good morning, love" he says in his deep voice with a smirk on his face.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" He added as I quickly stepped aside to let him in.

Thank god, I cleaned the apartment yesterday, or else it will be so embarrassing. I said to myself grateful as it's not my day today, and I can feel it.

"Why are still not ready? Aren't you going to work?" he questioned, sitting at my couch making himself comfortable while I stood there dumbfounded.

" Uhh... yeah I am." not finding any words to say. This is too much to take in for me especially since I just woke up.

"Do you want me to get you something? Water or coffee?" I questioned him feeling uncomfortable standing in front of him in my pyjamas.

" No, thank you. I'm good" he replied smiling and with that I went to my room to get ready.

Taking a quick shower, I wasted no time getting dressed. After tying my hair into a ponytail. I head out to the living room.

I expected him to be still sitting on the couch but instead he's looking through the frames of pictures of myself during my childhood, with a faint smile on his face.

Gosh, this is so embarrassing, I shouldn't have placed them there. He's probably finding it too funny.

I cleared my throat to get his attention, he looked up to me, shamelessly checking me up and down not in a pervert way of course.

He strode up to me, "Ready to go?" He questioned, which I nodded my head in response.

******

Once we got in the car, Vincent handed me a coffee and a bagel. I looked up at him surprisingly

"Thank you" I somehow managed to say to him.

"What about you? I asked him, drinking from my coffee.

"I told you I already had my breakfast" he answered turning his head towards me for a second as he's driving.

"Listen Rosa, about our marriage, my lawyer will come later on and we'll discuss it" he says looking serious again and I couldn't help the nervousness slowly creeping inside my chest.

I nodded my head at him too scared to speak as I know too well I would start stammering again like an idiot.

Remembering Andrew, I started hesitating to ask Vincent whether I could tell anyone about our marriage and later on after fighting with myself, I finally decided to ask him as I got nothing to lose if I did so.

"Uhm, Vincent, can I ask you something? I asked him unsure.

''Yes, anything, love" he replied to me. "Uhmm... c..can I tell my friend about our agreement? I mean can I share it with him?" I asked him fidgeting with my fingers, too afraid to look at him.

A sigh escapes from his lips, I look up to him and see that he's clutching the steering wheel hard, with his jaw clenched together.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked him, quite surprised with myself as I didn't even stammer.

" No, you did nothing, don't worry," he replied, more relaxed than he was  minute ago.

"I think it would be better if it stays between us" Vincent replied looking at me when I felt myself jerk forward as he stopped the car making me  mentally thanking God for reminding me to put the seat belt on.

I glance out the window to see that we had already reached the diner.

Vincent climbed out of the car and opened the door for me. He held his hand out for me to take while I felt hesitant to hold his hand as I know all too well that Andrew and my other co-workers would be watching us through the glass right now.

As if sensing my hesitation, he smiled tenderly at me as if trying to assure me. I held his hand and climbed out of the car praying really hard that Andrew or Mario didn't just witness it, so I don't have to lie to them, but who knew that I would be bombarded with questions the moment I enter the diner.

Let me know what you think of this chapter...

Until then.