P r i v a c y

Chapter 23: Privacy
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Baekhyun knocked on the door. The familiarity of the hallway seeped through his skin as nostalgia settled in, and yet he couldn't shake the thought of being in an environment that felt like foreign territory. In the very least, it was a territory he knew he was pushing the boundaries within.

Moments later, he heard the metal lock being undone and twisted off to the side. When the door handle turned, Baekhyun had a split moment to quickly put a smile on his face.

Chanyeol didn't return the same gesture. "What're you doing here?"

Cocking his head, Baekhyun shrugged. He thought for a second, questioning his own intentions despite being the initiator. The darkness in Chanyeol's eyes had thrown him in a loop— It always did. There was always something about the latter that pulled Baekhyun toward him like gravity, even if he knew the consequences.

"In all honesty, Park, I never thought I'd find myself stumbling in front of your door again." Glancing down at the giant's hands, Baekhyun was quick to notice the bandaging wrapped around the right-hand knuckles. "I need to talk to you... about that."

"Thanks for the concern, but I'm good."

Chanyeol attempted to close the door, but within a split second, Baekhyun had strategically placed his foot against the bottom edge, preventing him from finishing the act. "Relax. I won't bite you, though I will if you really want me to," he said, grinning. "Sehun isn't back yet, right? So let me in, Park."

"If you want to talk, then say it out here," Chanyeol curtly prompted.

"What's wrong? Afraid to be alone with me?"

The latter didn't take the bait. The grip on the door's edge tightened. "Spit it out, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun looked on, feigning disappointment as he gave a taunting pout. "You're no fun today, Park. I thought we were close enough to be friends—in a mild sort of way," he sighed, shrugging. "But what can you do? I guess I should just say it."

"Right now would be good since I don't have all night."

Tightening his jaw, Baekhyun scowled. "Can you stop coming for my throat? We're not in the middle of fucking breath play."

Realizing he had snapped—even in the lightest degree—Baekhyun figured the act was over. His playful mood disappeared as he placed a firm hand on the door frame and cocked his head, locking eyes with athlete. "So, are you going to invite me in or do I have to keep making a scene out here?"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

A/n: there was supposed to be more but I'm sleepy 😴 JSKSJSKSJSK goodbye!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

Ko-Fi: http://www.ko-fi.com/exobubz (If you would like to buy me ko-fi to support my work! )

Insta: @.exobubz