Chapter 23

Vincent's P.O.V

I examined her arms closely making sure that it's really finger marks that I'm seeing, but the goddamn dark room makes it hard to do so.

"What happened to your arms?" I questioned caressing the bruise, but she quickly took her arm away from my touch as if I burned her or something.

"I'm not answering you, so stop asking questions" she sassed, and then turned towards the television, god damn, I didn't know she could be feisty.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Venessa" I replied losing my cool as I wanted to know badly who dared to mess with my girl, but she's not cooperating.

" I uhh.. hit myself at the door" she answered finally, stammering slightly, she's lying and I can sense it, but why is she lying though?

"Ohh really? I didn't know your door had fingers" I answered back not taking her lies. "What do you mean?" She questioned me, what the? I should be the one asking you, love. I thought to myself.

"There's finger marks on your arms, it's clear that someone did it, so tell me NOW!" I exclaimed.

I looked at her, and I can tell that she's hesitating whether to tell me or not. She looked down at her fingers.

"I'm waiting, amore" I added.

"It's Andrew, he did it out of anger" she answered, still looking down to her fingers.

"What!, who the hell is Andrew?" I boomed, making her jump at the sound of my voice. I quickly apologized to her but she wasn't looking at me, I lifted her chin using my fingers, but still she wasn't looking at me. I have so many questions in my head, but I can't ask her if she looks broken and suddenly a tear fell from her eyes.

She's crying, I'm gonna kill whoever that f*cker is.

A moment later she started shaking badly and crying uncontrollably, I pulled her into my arms wanting to comfort and let her know that I would protect her in every way.

Her crying fills the entire living room, making my heart break every second.

I promise you, it will be the last time you shed tears, my love.

I felt my shirt getting soaked by her tears making me want to kill that guy Andrew. I swear I'll make him suffer.

Soon rose fell asleep in my arms, I carried her bridal style towards her bedroom and laid her on her bed, her hand tightly clutching my shirt preventing me from going away which I can't help the smile.

I'm never gonna leave you, not when you need me.

I laid on the bed with her in my arms, I caress her tear stricken face, I can't help but growl at the thought of another man touching her.

I fished my phone out my pocket to call Alex, dialing his number, he answers on the first ring.

"Hello?" He answered.

" I want you to do a background check on this guy Andrew, the one that works at the diner with Venessa, don't miss any single detail and the rest you know what to do" I explained, directly going straight to the point, Alex chuckles evilly at the other line, that guy knows me too well which made me smirk at the thought.

I looked down at Venessa, who's sleeping peacefully with her hand still clutching at my shirt not wanting to let go.

How can someone have a tight hold even while sleeping?

I'm too lucky to have her in my arms and I plan to let it stay that way. I kissed her forehead a goodnight and drifted to sleep feeling content and excited for tomorrow.

*****

After leaving Rose's apartment, I went straight to my house to freshen up but not forgetting to write her a note.

I hate to think that she'll wake up with an empty bed. But as much as I want to stay with her until she wakes up, I have things that must be done but on the brighter side, it will be only a matter of time, she'll bare my name soon.

____________

Stay tune for the next chapter.

Until then...