Chapter 26

Venessa's pov.

I woke up the next day early; the sun was barely up and I woke up before even my alarm, but I couldn't help it. Last night, I barely slept thinking about what could happen today since I'm getting married! That too with a gangster that I barely know.

Last night before I went to bed, I called Tina, my coworker at the diner to help me get ready, which she happily agreed but only after screaming at me because I didn't inform her earlier. I know it's just a court marriage, but still; I don't trust myself with makeup, especially not today when I'm getting married.

And thinking about the diner, I completely forgot about Mario. He didn't even know that I'm getting married today. So, I made a mental note to myself to call him later, as I know he would be still sleeping right now.

Still laying at the bed as it's still early, I couldn't help but squeal at the thought of marrying Vincent. I just can't believe I'm marrying him, but sadly it's just a contract and no matter how hard I try to push that thought away, I couldn't as it keeps coming back, hunting and eating me alive.

What if the time comes when I'm head over heels for him and he lets me go? Will I be able to bear another heartbreak? Will I be able to put myself back together?

I can't help the thoughts swarming inside my head, and how badly I wish I have the answers to them.

Sighing, I got up from my bed and finished packing, I'm almost finished as I already did the most last night.

After finally finishing my packing I went to the kitchen to have breakfast, but I don't really have an appetite, but still, I have to eat something in order not to faint. So I decided to brew some coffee.

Just as I was about to finish drinking my coffee, the doorbell rang, making my heart leap with excitement, and well as nervousness.

It's Tina, she's here finally. As I let her in, the girl just won't stop screaming at my ear, " Oh my god! I knew he likes you, the way he keeps looking at you that day at the diner" she gushed, laying at my bed, smiling from ear to ear.

I tried to smile and play along as with the lie. For her, I may look happy and excited, but little did she know that this marriage is only for a facade and I'm far away from being excited.

Quickly trying to block that thought from my head, I looked at Tina in my closet trying to find a perfect white dress for me while I sat fiddling with my fingers.

I wonder what would happen if she's not here to help me.

"You're unbelievable, you know that? What type of girl who doesn't shop a dress for her wedding, well I know it's just a simple court wedding, but still." She keeps shouting at the closet, but I paid no heed as I'm too occupied in my own thoughts.

Mama and daddy would be so happy right now. They used to always talk about my marriage, but sadly they're not here to witness and be part of it.

"Aha!, found it" she suddenly exclaimed, smiling like a Cheshire cat. I got up from the bed and headed over towards the bathroom to wear the dress, I already showered so it only leaves only makeup and hair that needs to be done.

I slipped on the dress and looked over the mirror, and not going to lie it's perfect, it's a knee-length dress, which is fitted on the upper area and flows at the end. I glanced over to Tina, and to see her smiling with tears in her eyes.

I shuffled over to her and wiped the tears that fell to her cheeks. How I wish Andrew's here with us. The three of us are really close with each other, and both are my only friends.

"Don't cry, you're going to make me cry too" I mumbled, with my voice cracking, which made her laugh. After helping me with my makeup, I left my hair untied.

" Tina, if you don't mind, can you be a witness, actually it requires three people and Vincent's got his two best friends and we need another one, so can you.." I blurted out to her looking at my fingers, afraid to look at her expression and afraid that she may disagree.

"Of course, I'll love to" she answered, screaming jubilantly. I swear this girl always screams for no reason.

"Is your lover going to pick you up or what?" She questioned eating some chips. "No, I told him that I'll meet him there" I answered her, feeling nervous once again.

Hailing a cab, we set out to the office where we will get married. My palms started sweating like crazy and I feel like I will throw up due to nervousness. Tina took my hand to hers and kept telling me it's okay to be nervous and to try to calm down, but I don't think I can do that right now.

Reaching the court, Tina went out of the cab, but I stayed rooted to my seat.

I don't think I can do this, what if I threw up or what if... " Will you get out or stay in there all day and miss your own wedding" Tina exclaimed, holding the door open for me.

"But I'm scared" I admitted to her, shaking my hands, trying to make them stop shaking. The cab driver was getting irritated with me by the passing second, but he doesn't understand that I can't get out as I know all too well that my legs will give up on me the moment I stand.

"Oh my god, he's here!," Tina says looking forward, but I didn't pay any attention as I thought maybe she's talking about one of her friends or something.

"He's coming, he's coming, f8ck he looks hot" Tina muttered, squealing like crazy, making the taxi driver turn around to see whom she was talking about, while I'm too occupied in my own thoughts when suddenly I felt someone take my cold shaking hand to their large warm one. I look up to see who it is and the moment I did, my breath hitched in my throat, making me want to faint.

_______

How are you guys liking the story? Lemme know.

Until then...