Chapter 28

Venessa's P.O.V

As we reached his house, my mouth fell down right to my ankles the moment I stepped out of the car. His house or should I say mansion looks breathtaking. I gaped looking at the sight in front of me, falling in love with it instantly.

I heard Vincent chuckling at my side, too amused by my reaction. He came over to my side and closed my mouth that was still hanging open, making me immediately felt embarrassed and felt my cheeks heat.

"You like it?" He questioned looking at me with pure admiration in his face, or maybe I'm just imagining it?

"Are you crazy? I love it" I exclaimed at him, feeling too excited to go inside. Since I was a kid, I used to always dream to live in a gigantic house with my prince in shining armor, where we would fill our enormous house with memories. Just like my parents. Just the mere thought of my parents' love story brings a smile on my face. They were so in love with one another.

I looked up to him and saw that he was already staring right into me. I smiled at him as he takes my hand into his rough bruised one and led us inside.

Don't forget to ask him about it, Venessa. Says inner self reminding me about it.

Opening the big double door, we got inside, instantly greeted by an elderly woman and upon seeing us and our joined hands, a smile brightened her wrinkled face instantly. I glanced at Vincent questioning but he just smiled at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh my!, you look gorgeous my sweet" she rejoiced, taking my face into her warm hands. I smiled at her as I felt my cheeks heating up one more time, I'm not used when people praise me, it makes me feel embarrassed and insecure.

"Oh, how rude of me, let me introduce myself. I'm Margaret, the housekeeper of this house," she exclaimed, looking extremely happy.

" Nice to meet you Margaret, I'm Venessa '' I mumbled in response politely while holding my hand out to shake hers but she completely took me off guard my hugging me instead while laughing heartily making me smile too.

"If you're done Margaret, can I take my wife now so that I can give her a house tour and show her our room?" Vincent joked at Margaret, making her smile at him proudly.

But there's something that caught my attention. He just called me his wife, and it feels strange but good at the same time. Wait! Did he just say our room? So it means we're staying in the same room?.

What did you expect my darling, of course, you'll be staying in the same room, he's your husband and you're his wife, for heaven's sake! Says inner Venessa rolling her eyes dramatically at me.

"Ok then, I'll see guys later" stated Margaret, walking towards I guess the kitchen. "Shall we mia moglie?" (my wife), he inquired, making me nod my head excitedly.

After the house tour not going to lie, I'm kinda tired, so here I am sitting at the bed in our bedroom. It feels so strange to say it as I never shared a room with anyone before, especially with a guy.

What if I snore in my sleep or what if I fart in my sleep? God dang Venessa of all the things you could think about, really?, says inner Venessa, completely disappointed with me.

But what could I do?, I ask her, completely confused. Do nothing! she replied back, annoyed with me.

"Dinner's ready, my love" Vincent reported entering the bedroom, making me snap out of my thoughts, which I'm really grateful for as I go all crazy when I'm left with my own thoughts.

"Are you ok?" He inquired, looking at me with concern clear at his face. I nodded at him, assuring him that I'm alright. Pulling myself out of the bed, we went towards the kitchen.

Reaching the kitchen, the delicious smell of food almost brought water to my mouth. I didn't even realise how hungry I am.

Pulling the chair for me, Vincent serves a large amount of food to my plates.

" Enough that's too much" I exclaimed, holding his forearm to stop him from putting food further.

He looked at me questioning, "is it all you're going to eat?" He questioned as if he can't believe it, making me laugh at him, finding it funny by how confused he looks.

"Maybe you're forgetting that I don't have enough space in my stomach for all those" I answered, still laughing.

"Ohh, I'm sorry" he replied, looking embarrassed and red. It's too unbelievable that he's a mafia leader, he's too soft but little did I know.

Sitting down, Vincent sat at the head with me sitting on his right. The moment he picked his fork, my eyes again fell on his bruised knuckles. Eating bits of my food, wondering how I should start. Clearing my throat, he looks at me questioning, " Do you want to say something, my love" he questioned, still eating.

"What happened to your knuckles, Vincent?" I asked him, making him stop eating all of a sudden.

I know all too well what happened to your hand, Vincent. But I want to hear it from your own mouth. I want to see if you trust me well enough to share it with me.

He looked up to me, becoming all serious all of a sudden. A shiver ran down my spine just from the look he's giving me, but I'm not backing down.

"I don't want to lie to you, rosa but I don't want to scare you too" he muttered.

I look at up him, not finding any words to say. "You know what I do, right?" He questioned me and I nodded at him, knowing that he's talking about his mafia.

"Then you are smart enough to know what happened to my knuckles, my love," he says eating again, making me gape at him, I never thought that he'll be this straightforward, but on the brighter side at least he didn't lie to me and feed me lies that will make me feel like the world's all rainbow and sunshine but a mean and nasty place. Truth hurts, but lies kill.

I smiled inwardly with one thought inside my head. This is going to be a fun journey.

.

YouTube channel : with love, nafiza

https://youtube.com/channel/UCvE7gSwMzLEV6pRCw06GDjQ

Vote, comment and follow.

Until then...