Arthur Morgan: Never Again

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: After a job went south, you and Arthur got into a pretty heated argument. Since then, the two of you had been fighting pretty bad, neither of you seeming to want to apologise.

Word Count: 2300

There has been some tension in the camp recently, mainly due to the fact that you and Arthur were fighting. You and Arthur never normally fought but this was a big fight. You were fighting because of a job that you did together.

The job went south pretty quickly, it caused you both to get pretty worked up and it wasn't long because you were both on edge. Normally you and Arthur worked well together, neither of you knew what went wrong but it ended up with you both blaming each other. While you were both just trying to get out with your lives, you both started snapping at each other.

The pair of you said some things that you didn't mean, things that you both regretted afterwards, but neither of you apologised for it afterwards. When you returned to the camp you were both still worked up so you just parted ways. That lead to you both starting to avoid each other.

However, this only left your anger to fester. Now, whenever you ran into each other in the camp, you would snap at each other. It started with some snarky comments but then it started to seem like you were both just trying to hurt each other's feelings on purpose.

-----

You had lost count of how many times you and Arthur had argued this week, but here you were again. You had passed each other in the camp and both of you just snapped at each other again. The rest of the gang was getting used to your arguing at this point but a lot of them just wanted you two to make up, it wasn't right for you both to be fighting. You were better together than apart.

"Goddamn, Y/N, you're a piece of work" Arthur snarled at you, a scoff instantly escaping you.

"How would you know? You're always doing work for other people" you asked, rolling your eyes as you crossed your arms over your chest.

"Really? This again?" he asked with an irritated sigh.

"'This again?', yes 'this again' Arthur. How can I possibly be a 'piece of work' when you are always so busy with someone else. Surely, Dutch is more work than I am?" you pointed out. So, you were 'work' to Arthur but everything that Dutch made him do wasn't? "You never have any time for me because you're always running around after Dutch, and if it isn't Dutch it is someone else" you huffed.

"I have things to do. If I don't do it, nobody will" Arthur reminded you, now crossing his own arms.

"That wouldn't be the end of the world Arthur" you sighed. If Arthur didn't work for one day, the camp wouldn't collapse!

"You explain that to Dutch" he scoffed, about ready to just walk away.

"Y'know what, Arthur? Sometimes I think that you're just like a tamed animal. You just follow orders like a loyal dog. It's okay to take a break and tend to other priorities, y'know?" you shrugged, shooting him a quick glare. You were tired of being Arthur's second priority, it seemed like he thought that you would just wait around for him while he worried about everyone and everything else.

"I don't have time for this, Y/N" Arthur huffed.

"Oh, that's a surprise" you scoffed, sending him a sarcastic smile before turning around and walking away.

Arthur groaned to himself, running his hand over his face, even he could see his mistake in that conversation. He messed up.

"Well, that went well" John commented, having heard the whole conversation.