IV

"We can't stay

"We can't stay." Aurora spoke up, quickly entering through the front door of her apartment. Yoongi followed closely behind, hands shoved inside the pockets of his oversized hoodie in an attempt to control his newly found abilities. 

Closing the door behind him, Yoongi watched on in confusion as Aurora snatched her backpack from the wall, filling it with necessities in a panicked hurry. "Slow down for a sec..." Yoongi piped up, voice still a little horse from being strangled not too long ago, "I seriously need an explanation. All I know is that i've got weird gravity controlling powers, and crazy alien dudes have it out for me!" he exclaimed, demanding an explanation from the female. 

Letting out a drastic sigh, Aurora picked up the old leather book from the floor, "Here." she spoke, holding it towards the male, "This is everything I know so far, to be honest I'm just as clueless as you are."

Frowning, Yoongi slipped his hands from his pockets, taking the dusty old book into his grasp. "The Legend of the Seven Elements?" he read, eyes falling over the golden lettering engraved on the front cover, "Is this like some fantasy book or something?"

Aurora rolled her eyes whilst zipping up her bag, "Just read it."

Shrugging, Yoongi opened the book, nose crinkling as the dust stirred up from the worn pages. Skim reading the book's epilogue, Yoongi found himself absorbed in the authors words, lost in a trance as he soaked in the reality of their dying universe. Reading the book was much like being slapped with a wet kipper, shocking to say the least. The book had a vice-like grip on his mind, its twisted reality beginning to challenge his beliefs in the history of the universe. Yoongi's eyes widened, "So the universe isn't dying by itself... it's because the seven stones of reality are missing?"

Swinging her bag over her shoulders and standing to her feet, Aurora nod, "Yeah," she spoke up, pausing before she continued, "I'm still trying to come to terms with it, but you're proof enough that the universe does in fact have seven different elements of reality, each keeping the world in check." she explained, lips twisting into a frown, "The universe began to fade a rough odd twenty five years ago... my guess is that the stones were stolen from the elemental guardians back then."

"But that doesn't make sense." Yoongi uttered, "If I'm the gravity elemental, wouldn't I have memories of such an event?"

He had a point. Apparently these guardians had existed since the beginning of space and time, so why were they here on earth and unaware of their elemental capabilities? Taking some time to think, Aurora paused, remembering all the information she'd already uncovered and coming to just one reasonable explanation, "My guess is something happened to not only the stones, but the guardians as well." Casting her eyes to Yoongi, Aurora rose a brow, "If you don't mind me asking... how old are you?"

Ruffling his hair, Yoongi faced the girl, "23..." he breathed, thinking about it a little before he realised what Aurora was implying. 

Snapping her fingers in realisation, Aurora's lip twitched into a smile, "Bingo... your memories were either wiped or you might be a reincarnation."