Volume 01 Chapter 11

So yummy!

She eaten her food clean.

After the maids cleaned the table and leave the room, she begins to practice her (supposed) seduction moves. And before that, she makes sure the door is locked

Before the night fell, her things was delivered to her room.

That devil is surely fast!

She's doing something in her laptop while the maids is arranging her clothes to the closet as Xavier walk inside the room.

He look at Selena busying with her laptop as she's sitting cross-legged on top of the bed.

"You're getting comfortable."

Selena didn't looked up. It seems like she didn't hear what he had said.

Xavier didn't mind and sit at the end of the bed. His alluring eyes begin to scrutinized the busy girl in front of him.

The girl's appearance can't be called beautiful but can be considered as pretty. She has a clean white face, cute little nose, and plump cherry lips. Her clear, round and beautiful black eyes is giving off a feeling of wanting someone to stare at it.

The serious expression in the girl's immature face is giving off some kind of unique charm. She gives a feeling that she's not from this world.

A ripple has appeared at those blank and emotionless eyes.

He noticed that night while he was taking her, he had a glimpse of a butterfly-shaped birthmark in her nape.

He stares at her white neck as if he can the mark. Her hair is pulled up so he can freely stare at her swan-like neck.

Selena was at the end of her work when she feels goosebumps. She look up and sees a beautiful death god looking intensely at her neck.

She shivers.

Mama! Is this guy planning of finishing her off by slicing her neck?!

As if feeling her stare, the death god look up.

She smiles at him awkwardly.

Mr. Death God, please don't kill me yet. I haven't seduce you yet. I want to celebrate my wedding day not my funeral day.

The maids had already finished arranging her things and disappeared from who knows when.

They just stare with each other until the death god stands up and walk to the door.

He pause when he's near the door.

"I'll wait for you in dinner."

She breaths a sigh of relief as the devil walked out and closed the door.

At least he didn't have a plan of beheading her.

For now.

It seems like she has to avoid provoking that handsome devil in the future if she want her neck intact.

She finished her work in a few minutes before walking downstairs.

She followed the maid's lead to the dining room.

As she arrived, she sees the alluring devil sitting pretty while sipping wine. It's obvious that he's waiting for her as he had yet touch his dinner.

The maid ushers her to one of the empty seats while a butler pulls the chair as she sits down.

But deep inside, she's grumbling.

Why is this guy so far away?! How could I seduce him now?!

The table is five meters long. The two of them are sitting at both ends of the table.

After she sit down, he didn't say anything and begin to eat. She also didn't say a word.

It seems like this guy isn't a talker while eating.

Only the two of them are left in the dining room. Silence envelopes the room and only the sound of utensils could be heard.

From time to time she will peeked at him.

Even eating he's still beautiful.

The alluring man looks so graceful while eating. Compared to him, she looks boorish.

She sigh to herself.

Why is it everything about this man is beautiful? Where's the human equality?!

After they finished eating, they didn't stand up or say a word. A group of maids appeared and cleaned the table after replacing it with dessert.

The man didn't touch his while she is drooling to eat hers.

Calm down Maiden! Think about your purpose here!

She reluctantly averted her eyes at the tempting food in the table and set her sight at the tempting delicacy in front of her.

Oh my.

Why is it she is getting more and more perverted since coming in this world? Is this the effect of 29 years out of celibacy?!

"Is there something you want to tell me, Miss Maxwell? You're staring at me for quite time now. You also giving me looks at dinner."

That pulled her out of her thoughts. She set her thoughts straight and make (tried to) her voice became (supposedly) sultry.

"I have something in mind, Mr. Easton."

Xavier is still expressionless as ever while looking at her but a shift in his brow betrayed his thoughts.

"Are you sick, Miss Maxwell. Why is it your voice became scratchy?"

"Don't mind it."

She tilts her head and widen her eyes while blinking a multiple times. She use her beautiful eyes move.

The man's brows deepened even more.

"Do you have stiff neck? Why are you keep blinking your eyes? Are you sure you aren't sick?"

This incorrigible man!

Selena corrected her posture and returned to normal expression.

"Mister Easton, I think we should stop regarding ourselves formally. As we will be living in a same roof, why start calling me by my first name"

Say wife!