38

Waking up in Justins arms was soothing to Maddie so her morning routine went even smoother than it had been, she smiled at Justin as she slipped on her shoes

Waking up in Justins arms was soothing to Maddie so her morning routine went even smoother than it had been, she smiled at Justin as she slipped on her shoes. "You know you'll be okay, right?" Justin asked sitting up off the bed to look at the girl. She was worried about how Clay would take her tape and with her having school today she wasn't ready to face him, not after adding to his pain. "I know." She sighed and nodded before he kissed her forehead. "Should I go through the window?" He asked with a small chuckle though he was serious because he didn't want Maddie introuble because he snuck in. "No, she never gets up in the mornings anymore." Maddie said waving him off as they picked up their bags and left her room to walk toward the front door. "You guys ready?" Zach asked rubbing his eyes showing he was tired. "We are, but the real question is are you." Maddie said laughing softly as they walked out the door and put their stuff in the car, and unlike the other mornings Maddie sat in the back instead of the front so she could sit with her boyfriend. "I am for sure not, I just wanna sleep." Zach whined making the couple in the back laugh slightly before the car went silent as they made their way to the school that they dreaded attending.

"I just want a nap." Maddie complained when she started to get out of the car with Justin and Zach. "What the-" Zach was cut off by a loud scream and Maddie immediately knew who it was, it was Monty. "That was Monty, where is he?" Maddie asked concerned for her best friend. "I'm guessing by that wall." Justin said as Zach pointed to the wall where more people were gathering. "Go ahead we'll meet you." Is what left Justins mouth but before he even got the third word out she was sprinting towards the wall with people. She squeezed herself through several people before she got to the front line and realized that everyone in her friend group were standing where they normally did and then a few feet in front of them stood Monty and then none other than Clay Jensen. "Where the fuck is she?" Clay screamed dropping everything from his hands as his voice cracked. "Yo, back the fuck off I already told you to lay off. She doesn't need to be in your shit right now." Monty said though it seemed like he tried to keep his voice down as if trying to reason with Clay while everyone waited for a fight. When a hand came to Maddie's back she jumped and looked beside her to see Tony and she smiled.

"Hey Tony." Maddie said and he could tell she was worried, maybe even scared, this was a lot for anyone to take it. "I think you should talk to him, before he gets himself hurt." Tony said looking over to the teens who were arguing and everyone could tell that it wouldn't be long before Monty started to throw punches. "Clay!" Maddie shouted as she walked forward even more and when Clay turned to her she wanted nothing more than to go back into that crowd. "Clay, can we talk? Please." Maddie was already begging and her eyes kept traveling because she knew everyone was staring at her. "Why? You didn't want to talk to Hannah when she needed you!" Maddie nodded to his words. "I know-I know but-" Maddie was trying to get him to calm down but that wasn't happening and he walked forward slightly to her. "No, I'm sorry you did talk to her but then you called her slut! Well guess what Maddie maybe you're the slut. Ever think about that?" Maddie tried not to blink because she knew the tears would leave her eyes, it wasn't even his words it was the fact that he was screaming at her and she realized how harsh her words were. "Alright you need-" Maddie held up her hand to Monty and tried to speak again. "Clay, there were things you didn't and still don't know about Hannah. Trust me, I regret what I said but lets talk somewhere private and I can explain." Maddie pleaded but Clay's head wasn't screwed on straight in that moment and he shook his head as he let tears build in his eyes with frusteration. "Well guess what there are things you don't know about Justin, so many fucking things. How about the fact that Jessica-" His words were cut off by another presence. "Jensen. Shut your fucking mouth." Justin warned as Zach made everyone leave knowing none of this was for someone else to see.

"No, tell her Justin, why don't you explain what Jessica thinks happened that night of the party?" Clay's face was set, he was so beyond pissed at this point and he wanted everyone to hurt the way he and Hannah did. "Okay, Maddie he's obviously at a loss for his mind so let's lave for the poor kid." Justin said rolling his eyes as he grabbed Maddie's shoulders and guided her away, Maddie let him and she sucked in a quick breath as she kept repeating that Clay really had no clue what he was saying because there was no way that what she thought he was going to say is what he was really going to say. but behind her Monty stood staring at Clay wondering if what he was gonna say was true. Clay shook his head and covered his mouth before turning around. "I really think you should talk to Jessica!" Clay shouted but Maddie just shook her head, she already asked Jessica about that night but then again she never asked her if she was with Justin alone at any point through that night. "You know he just wants to sike you out with?" Justin asks as he brings his arm around Maddie's shoulder and walks her into the school. "Yeah, no, of course I do." Maddie says with a nod as she loops her hair behind her ear a habit she developed when she was scared or nervous. "I would never cheat on you, I promise, you know how much I love you." Maddie nods and kisses him before she turns to go into her class and quickly texts Monty.

Private chat with Monty

Maddie:
Do you think that Clay was going to say Justin cheated on me with Jessica?

Monty:
Maddie you know if I knew anything about this I would have told you

Maddie:
So you think it too? I mean I did leave the party to go to Jeff with Clay, maybe it happened afterwards? Maybe it was a mistake?

Monty:
Maddie, you should have to think about this. I think you should ask the both of them or others and try to figure it out. And if it does turn out to be true don't make excuses for him, you are so much better and deserve so much more than to be cheated on.

Maddie:
Thanks Monty I'm grateful I can always count on you, love you, see you at lunch.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Hey guys! I know this was a long wait and it wasn't that good but I'm trying to figure out what to do so I need your imput for choices:
PLEASE VOTE!!
1: Have Maddie ask Jessica about the 'cheating' and since she's being confronted Jessica breaks down and tells Maddie that yes she and Justin 'cheated.' Also keep in mind during this that this isn't Jessica lying to keep the fact that she was raped secret she truely believes that that's what happened and she's been thinking she's a cheater this whole time.
2: Maddie decides against it and believes that Justin would never do that to her and it all comes out while they're at Bryce's like it did in the show, though there will obviously be added things into the mix, hehe.

I finished season 3 and let me tell you I just wanna skip to there and write it lmao so you best believe this book is gonna last awhile lmao. Also yesterday was my birthday and I'm finally sixteen! And I got through my first full two weeks of junior year! I can't wait to keep writing fo ryou and please be patient since I am back in school again.

Also it may just be because of the hype of season 3 but this book has recently gotten very VERY popular so thank you guys for that and I hope this book lived or lives up to what you want, also THANK YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH FOR 40k! It means a lot and it's crazy to look at the reads and see that now the first 15 chapters have over 1k reads so thank you guys for that!

See you next time, stay safe and Don't forget to vote and comment if you would!

{9.1.19}