╟ Chapter 171: Retrieve ╢

"I'm so surprised! ABOUT EVERYTHING!!" yelled Brook after the others explained the situation to the clueless skeleton.

"YOU surprised me!!!" you barked at the musician, ripping the sack he was held in. "Screaming at a critical moment, what were you thinking?!"

"T-Thank you very much" his bony limbs twitched.

"Anyway, I'm glad that you're alive" spoke Pedro with Brook nodding wildly.

"Yes, I thought I was going to die! Oh...I am dead...Yohohoho!"

"When they tightened their security, it was impossible for us to get a copy of the Road Ponegliff. I'm sorry"

"What are you saying? Everything you did was for us!" the skeleton frowned, standing up abruptly. "Like you said, since we were invading just the two of us, we had a chance in a million. If we were to try to get Big Mom's Road Ponegliff some other time, an all-out war between pirates would be unavoidable! That's why we had to try the mission even if it was impossible!"

You deadpanned when Brook suddenly opened his skull to the surprise and horror of both Jimbei and Carrot, before he pulled out some sheets of paper. He handed them to a confused Nami, stating blandly as if it wasn't that remarkable:

"Here, this is the copy" he spoke, before wandering to a shocked Pedro. "But, Pedro-san, I can't believe you got away safely-..."

"Wait, what" you grunted, advancing toward the navigator who displayed the sheets on the ground.

"B-Brook! Don't tell me!..." Nami exclaimed, breathless.

"It's a copy of the Ponegliff" the skeleton told simply. "It sure was a close call! Just when I finished copying the third paper, there came, believe it or not, Big Mom!"

"YOU GOT IT?!!" shouted the male Mink, running to check on the copies. "There was even a Sweet General! Did you take down all those guards?! Big Mom's Ponegliff is something that other Emperors of the Sea are eager to have! No man alive could tell the opposite!"

"Unless you're an undead man!" you breathed, eyes widening in amazement at the musician.

"Brook! This is amazing!!!" Nami threw her arms around the skeleton, hugging his head close to her ample bosom.

"The Treasure Repository is a room to which even Big Mom's relatives aren't admitted easily. You're something!" Jimbei complimented.

"Then, could I see your panties..." wondered Brook, only to earn himself a kick in the face.

"QUIT IT!" spat Nami.

"HIS BONES GOT BROKEN AGAIN!" Carrot panicked.