99 ~ last 'normal' day

(Lisa pov)

(Lisa pov)

Lisa was sitting on the couch. Sniffing every now and then as she listened to two things.

One, being the clock on the wall. The ticking of the seconds as they passed, fairly loud in the quiet house.

Each tick of it feeling longer and more drawn out than the one before it.

Two, was the Australian on the other end of the phone. Her crying being waited out by Lisa, after just finishing Chaeyoung's story.

"It's okay Phoebe. Take your time." Her voice soft as she spoke.

"T-Thanks." Phoebe breathed out. Hiccuping every now and then before Lisa could hear her breathing in and out. "It's just, s-she didn't deserve it."

"I know, that's what we always say. My family, friends, and I."

"But... she's happy now?"

"Yeah, we're great. I just... think she'd be even happier if she got to visit Australia again. See you guys. You're the only family she has left."

The phone went silent again.

Lisa knowing that it was hard for Phoebe to hold back tears. So she waited some more. Her own tears finally dry on her skin.

"When you called earlier... you mentioned her passport, right?" Phoebe questioned.

"Yeah, that's right. We don't have any of her things. No ids or passport. I can't bring her without them."

"I'm sorry, but I don't have them Lisa."

"I didn't think you would... but maybe someone else does?"

"Someone else?"

Lisa sighed. "I just got to thinking, what if Owen and Lily do?"

"What makes you think they might?"

"Joo-wang."

"Joo-wang?" Phoebe spoke. "Rosie's fish?"

"Yeah, they were entrusted with him, whose to think that Clare didn't give them more than just him? What if she gave them Chaeyoung's things? After the accident?"

"Hmm, she did tell us in person... I guess that's always a possibility?"

"Think about it Phoebe, if you hate your daughter, would you want to keep her things?"

"No... I wouldn't... Fuck you're a smart cunt. You know that right?"

"That I'm smart or the c word?"

"Both mate. And it's not a bad thing to be called one either."

"Really?"

"Not here." Phoebe chuckled.

"Australia is really weird."

"Got that one right mate."

Lisa smiled and looked at the clock. "It's pretty late and I have school tomorrow. I should get going."