↠ 5

You read over the words carefully.

To: Y/N

From: Michael

Please come home. Doves were spotted and Rei wants you home. Plus we think someone followed us from Japan. Most likely her.

You bit the inside of your cheek. Your day was going so fun and now you had to stop it. If Doves were spotted then that means they figured out your family escaped here. You sent a quick 'ok' and stuffed your phone in your bag.

"Y/N?" Yoongi asked. "Are you ok?"

You forced a smile. "Yeah, I just gotta get home."

"We'll walk you home." Jungkook said, smiling that revealed his bunny teeth.

"It's fine. I have to pick up something on the way home." You replied, slipping the lie into the conversation.

"You sure?" Jimin now questioned. "We can walk you home. Sometimes it can be dangerous at night."

If they only knew that you were more dangerous.

"Yep, I'm sure." You smiled once more. "See you guys tomorrow?"

"Sure..." Jimin said unsurely. "But wait! Give me your phone."

"What?" You blinked at the pink hair boy.

"So I can put my number in it. And just in case something happens." Jimin smiled.

You simply unlocked your phone and went to contacts. Jimin eagerly took it and added his number. "Wait, I want to add mine too." Taehyung whined

The group of guys eagerly gathered around adding in their numbers. You just only watched them with a happy smile on your face. In the past, you haven't had anyone be that happy to give you their number.

Yoongi was the last one to add his number and handed your phone back. "We'll add you to a group chat, ok?"

"Ok!" You smiled brightly. "See you guys later!" You then took off and rushed outside. Alright, that encounter may have made you a little late to get home and you were definitely not going to get chewed out by Rei. He was scary when he was angry.

As you were speed walking down the street back to the cafe, your eyes kept on glancing at everyone. No one seemed to be out of place. No one with large briefcases. If the Doves were here, then why would she even follow?

You gritted your teeth and rushed home.

Immediately upon arrival, you glanced at Aika was who tending to a couple of customers. Her eyes glanced at you as she gestured to the door for upstairs. Sending her a quick nod, you went upstairs to find Michael and Rei sitting on the couches.

Rei gestured for you to sit down. "Michael told you?"

You nodded once, glancing at the said person. He had his eyes closed with his head propped up with his hand.

"I saw a Dove earlier today," Rei began. "They were walking out of a building... I think that's where their temporary office is. So tonight, we're all going to go investigate." His eyes met yours. "Understand?"

"Yes." You replied back, maintaining eye contact even though you wanted to shrink away from his gaze. Your head perked up a little as Homura came in, blinking at the scene.

"Oh, you told her?" Homura asked as she looked around at everyone.

Rei nodded and stood up. "Yes. Get some rest for now." He walked away.

Everyone was silent as they watched him walk away. He was terribly upset. Anyone could see how his body was tense and his face was expressionless. "Here," Homura said as she dug in her shopping bag and gave you a little keychain.

You took it and looked at her with a confused expression.

"You needed another one since yours broke, didn't you?" She replied as she took out a book from the bag and tossed the bag away in the trash can that was in the kitchen.

"Yeah." You smiled at her. "Thank you."

Homura gave you a smile, briefly patted your shoulder and walked to her room. Now it left you and Michael in the room. It was slightly awkward. You were about to run away to your room when he spoke up. "Look, I'm really sorry." He finally looked at you. "I'm just really worried and I know you like having friends since we don't have many and-"

"No," You interrupted. "I understand that you were looking after me and the last times were all my fault so-"

This time it was his turn. "It wasn't your fault. It's the human who didn't trust us." He stood up and offered a hand. "Can we forgive each other this time?"

Eagerly, you took his hand. "Of course, you're like my brother."

"Good." He smiled brightly. "Now get some rest." Michael walked away to his room. You smiled to yourself, glad that you had your best friend back and went to your room to get ready for tonight.

Dressed in a black, baggy sweatshirt and pants, you adjusted your hair under the hood. Putting it all into a bun and tightened the cords on the hood to make it snug so it doesn't fall off. You opened up a drawer and moved around some clothes. In the dim lighting, your black mask faintly caught the light. It covered your whole face, on the area of where your left eye would be was a dark red 'X' that looked like it was messily painted on. It also had small holes for your to breath and holes that were a big enough size to see around you though it did not show on the outside of the mask.

You picked it up and closed the drawer. You bit the inside of your cheek briefly, feeling the butterflies in your stomach swarm as you thought about going out tonight. They didn't feel friendly. It felt like anticipation.

Taking your mask with you, you went to the living room to be met with Homura and Rei. They were holding onto their masks as well and were dressed the same. At last, Aika and Michael came in dressed the same. Rei looked at everyone. "Let's be careful tonight." He slipped on his mask. It was completely white, like a blank slate where black holes were for eyes. "And let's try not to kill them tonight, ok?"

You all nodded, everyone slipping on their own masks. "But," Homura spoke up. "Can we at least kill one?"

You could hear a sigh coming from Aika. "No, you went literally went for it like an animal last time."

"Technically,"Homura began. "It was the other last time."

"That's just..." Aika trailed off. "No."

Tired of the conversation, you, Michael and Rei climbed out of the window and to the rooftop. Though you did hear the two females follow. At last, everyone disappeared into the chilly night.