twenty nine

slug club 

     Athena Malkin was nervous

     Athena Malkin was nervous. Tonight was the slug club dinner , and she had somehow scored herself an invitation. Being the partner of the suddenly potion gifted Harry Potter didn't give her much time to impress the new teacher. But she had her moments. 

When she she wasn't suspiciously eyeing the boy next to her , as she knew from being his potions partner the previous year , the boy was barely passing potions. She was quietly doing her own work , and though she didn't do the work Harry did , she proved her own. 

She stood in her room , Hermione , Wren and Lacie behind her all discussing the Gryffindors and Slytherins outfits as the two Ravenclaws , though had been invited , felt it was lame and didn't want to attend. 

Hermione wore a simple striped sweater and loose -ish jeans , but Athena was stuck. 

Staring at her trunk she sighed , settling for a navy v neck , with tight dark colored jeans that rose above her hips. The slight rips in the knees standing out a bit. 

Her long dark hair had been in a neat ponytail , but throughout the day strands had begun to fall. She didn't really mind, only opting to grab a hoodie to tie around her waist incase she got cold. 

The two girls wandered through the halls before arriving to the small gathering and entering together.

From the second they arrived it was clear they were late, as all eyes drew to the two girls. 

Athena instantly felt her face redden from the sudden attention , especially from the seventh year McLaggen. 

Cormac McLaggen was kind of a dick. 

I mean Athena guessed he was nice? but seemed to chase everything that breathed, including Athena and including Hermione. and with a shove from Hermione , Athena had the unfortunate spot of sitting right across from him. 

Making an odd smile flit across his thin lips 

Harry Potter gaped at the Slytherin girl. 

It was the first time he had seen her look so casual in a while , she hadn't even glanced his way , because she frankly didn't care , and he was a little surprised. 

After their encounter a couple days ago they hadn't spoken a word , but he hadn't said a bad word about her since. She had rightfully shut him up. 

He had finally stopped to think about what he had done. 

and he began to again as he watched his ex friend sit so calmly.