Up In The Air

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR GETTING DESTINED FOR THE KING TO 1 MILLION READS!!!!! I AM BEYOND EXCITED AND PLEASED THAT EVERYONE LOVES THE BOOK AND IS RESPONDING WELL TO MY WORK! I LOVE EVERY COMMENT LEFT AND EVERY VOTE MEANS THE WORLD TO ME SO THANK YOU ALL!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Never did I expect to spend the day before my engagement party pinned against the bed by my future husband. Yet, here I look at Dominic who is pinned on top of me; glaring into my soul with greed and control in mind. He has a choice to make. He either takes my first kiss with him by force or he jumps off me and forgets this insane ordeal. If he takes our first kiss away he will be happy because he's taking control. Like he says, "When I want, however I want" but if he does, my faith and trust that I've built with him will be completely shattered. If he decides to listen to me for once and get off me, we can move forward like nothing happened but his ego will be bruised. 

"Please get off me Dominic. This isn't the way to treat me. I'm not a dog and no matter what you think, you need to realize that I am not your property!" I shouted at him. I've had enough of his torment and his childish behavior. Mafia leader or not, he will not punish me like some whore.

Thankfully after a few more moments of his glare, Dominic slowly released me from his grasp and climbed off my waist. He climbed off the bed with his glaze still on me. Once he was off the bed, he reached into his pocket for his phone. He typed quickly before shoving the phone back into his pocket. He walked over to the bedside table and retrieved his weapons before storming out the bedroom. 

Great, I was almost assaulted by my soon to be fiance/husband and he's mad at me?! What kind of backwards universe am I in?

-------------

I had to collect myself mentally and physically before rejoining my famiglia. Mama was definitely watching me and if I give her a moment of weakness she will call off the wedding herself. The last thing I need is my mother trying to kidnap me. 

Dominic was nowhere to be found throughout the day. I spent half the time inside with my brother and my friends and the rest of the time with my mama and nonna in the garden. I passed by Dominic's office towards dinner time but it was unusually empty. I've barely seen his top men either. Once my famiglia retired upstairs to their rooms, I went inside the garage. One of Dominic's cars are gone. He's been gone for the entire day basically and our party is tomorrow. This is the last thing I wanted but seems like our first official party will begin in a fight. 

It was weird getting ready for bed alone. It was nearly 11pm and I made sure I've said goodnight to everyone before retiring to my room. I tried my best to wait up for Dominic but I more time that pasts, the sadder I become. He has no reason to be mad. He is the one that said I needed to be trained like a dog. He is the one contemplating taking a special moment away from us because he wanted power over me. He keeps trying to belittle me and I can't stand for that. If he wants me by my side this behavior isn't going to be tolerated. 

--------------

I doze off some time within the night. The tiny beam of light shining through the curtains made my eyes flutter open. I glanced at the clock by my bedside; it was 8am. I didn't have to turn my head to know that Dominic didn't come to bed last night. The bed is usually heavier when he's around and he would have his arms and legs wrapped around me like a spider monkey. Instead I woke up alone and curled up in a ball; the only thing wrapped around me is the duvet. Dominic truly disappointed me last night and today. Staying out all day when my famiglia is here is one thing but not coming home is another. If I were to do that; the FBI would be out there searching for me as we speak. It's not fair that the things he does to me are okay but if I dare do them back he wants to castrate me.