If I could turn back time

Heya peeps! Enjoy a 4,000+ word oneshot with insecure Peteyboi and Sad!Confused!Tony. With a happy ending, of course.

Endgame AU where Tony lives, so.

Enjoy.

Comment and vote please, it makes my day!

Love my readers!

If I could turn back time, then I would rewrite those lines.

"What are- what are you doing?"

"Oh. This is nice."

"I am inevitable."

"And I"

"Am"

"Iron Man."

Snap.

Peter freezes in the door of the hospital room, but Pepper moves forward with Morgan in her arms. It takes Peter a second to realize that Tony's eyes are slightly open. He is awake, though it doesn't look like he should be.

The nurses move to the side so Pepper can reach out a hand to grip Tony's. "Hey, sweetheart," she whispers softly. "We're safe. We're okay now."

Tony's eyes drift towards her, and some recognition flicks through them. His hand shifts on the bed as if reaching for her, but his strength fails, and Pepper gives a pained smile. "It's alright, Tony. I love you."

"I love you three thousand," Morgan whispers, hiding her face in her mother's shoulder.

"M'gn," the word is muffled from both the oxygen mask, and Tony's inability to speak clearly. The others move forward, but Peter stays where he is. He can't get his feet to move.

Tony makes gurgled attempts at names, but his attempts to ask about "Nt" and "Bce" are unanswered. 

"Mr'gn?" Tony slurs, and his daughter reaches out softly, tiny fingers resting on his uninjured arm. "Neb'la?"

"She's upstairs," Pepper whispers. "She's okay."

"M' kids 're 'll 'k th'n," Peter can't tell if it's a question or a statement, but something in him drops anyway. All of… but then...

"We're going to be okay, alright?" Pepper presses a kiss against his forehead, "You can rest now."

Peter slips from the room quickly and quietly.

I've seen all I need to.

Tony didn't—

Stop it!

Tony didn't—

Shut up!

Tony didn't...he said that all his kids were safe, but he didn't ask about Peter, and that means that he…

Don't think about it.

He has life to adjust to.

Normal life.