Chapter 39

The sun setting over the mountains is some of the most stunning scenery I have ever seen. It's magnificent. The past two days have been perfect in so many ways; the relaxation that we've been immersed in has renewed me. It's done more than just that. I settle into the chair on the porch admiring the view. This break from our madness, from our reality has let me breath, collect my thoughts and give me a sense of ambition. A thought has been stirring around my head for sometime at this point.

He's been introducing me to a new world, filled with pleasure. I blush at the thought, dropping my eyes to my lap. So stuck in my ways until him. I've been set on believing that pleasure can only be for a man during intercourse. Oh how wrong I've been. We haven't gone all the way, but that's something I want to change on this trip. I want to be his, to take the leap of faith that he can and will prove me wrong. Fooling around has been magical. I giggle, blushing like a fool.

"What has you so happy?" I smile up at Axel watching as he walks out of the cabin, towel in hand as he dries off his hair. Could he look any hotter?

"It's just, nice out here." I shrugged and watched as he chuckled and moved to sit down next to me, pulling my legs onto his lap.

"Yeah, it is great out here. But that hasn't made you blush and giggle sweet thang. So, do you want to tell me what's on your mind?" Grinning at him I roll my eyes.

"Can't I just giggle and blush because I want to?" I asked teasingly with another giggle. Who knew I could giggle so much?

"You can, but I'm nosey enough to get it out of you." He teased back with a wink.

"I bet you'd work it out of me quick enough." I shake my head with a grin having the utmost faith in his abilities. "But you'll have to do it later, I'm getting hungry. Want to cook together?" Axel nods with a light chuckle.

"Alright, I'll wait till later, what's on the menu tonight Baby G?" I hum for a moment, thinking of the ingredients we have.

"How about creamy tuscan spaghetti with those jumbo scallops we got? Those look scrumptious." Axel's eyebrows perk up, interested in the suggestion.

"I don't know what that entails, but it sounds great, lead the way Baby G." I stand with a smile, heading into the kitchen, he trails behind into the house. The two days I've been here I've grown fairly used to the kitchen layout; thankfully. I grab a large pot and start some water, adding salt and stirring it. "How can I help?"

"Can you grab scallops, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and the garlic?" I ask with a smile, washing and drying my hands. Axel moved and grabbed the items, setting them on the counter and stared at them. I grinned at him, watching him for a moment longer.

"What next?"

"Do you want to cook the scallops or cut everything up?" I ask as I pull out a skillet and turn on the heat, letting it warm up.

"I'll cut everything up." He nods and pulls the cutting board towards him grabbing the knife as he grabs the baby spinach, chopping it roughly. I grab the scallops, drying them off before I add butter to the pan letting it melt. Seasoning the scallops with salt and pepper I place them in gently, I watch as the butter sizzles, greeting the scallop excitedly.

"Do you want to have some fruit or garlic bread with this?" I ask over my shoulder watching the scallops cook, searing one side before flipping them over, exposing the crisp golden brown sear. The delightful aroma that greets my nose has my stomach grumbling, starved for dinner.

"Let's do garlic bread, we can have some strawberry shortcake for dessert." I grin at the idea and nod. The small little shortcakes we found at the store looked like a nice treat, and then we saw some strawberries and whipped cream. It might not be the traditional dessert, but delicious nonetheless.