Twelve

Three or four chapters left until Part 1 of this story is complete!!!!

______________

Two weeks has passed moving into middle of May.

Katherine was nervous. She was meeting Rosalie's family well, parents seeing as she attends school with her siblings, though she only ever spoken to Alice. In those two weeks Rosalie and Katherine grew closer, now with no secrets. Rosalie told her her story on how she was turned and it broke Katherine's heart. This made Katherine realize why Rosalie was so understanding towards her.

In turn she revealed what happened over a year ago with Dylan, it felt almost freeing to Katherine, now having someone to really talk to about it, who was a survivor like her. Violet was great too but she's never experienced that, thank the lord.

"They'll love you. Carlisle and Esme are excited to officially meet you." Rosalie's red convertible pulled up to a large house. Katherine gaped. The majority of the place held large windows it seemed so open to her.

They walked up hand in hand, Rosalie held the door open for her in which she thanked her for.

She could hear music coming from upstairs.

"Hope you're hungry." Rosalie smiled gently at her. Katherine smirked.

"Always." She replied causing Rosalie to chuckle.

"Are those graduation caps?" Katherine went ahead of Rosalie to gaze at all of them.

"Yeah."

"I couldn't even imagine repeating high school over and over again. I'm already done with school now." Rosalie smiled at her.

"The younger we look in a new place the longer we get to stay." She stated. She hummed in response. Rosalie reaches out grabbing Katherine's hand again, leading her the rest of the way upstairs.

"Katherine hi!" Alice was the first to greet her wrapping her arms around Katherine. "Jasper." Alice looks at her mate.

"Hello."

"Forgive him, he's our newest vegetarian." Katherine gave Carlisle a small wave.

"Hey Dr. Cullen." He smiled.

"Please call me Carlisle."

"It's so good to finally meet you, Rosalie speaks very fondly of you." A smaller woman came forward, she was beautiful.

"Esme." Rosalie groaned causing Katherine to giggle.

"It's so nice to meet you both." Katherine told them, they both smiled at her. They were genuinely happy for Rosalie, she, like Edward struggled with being a vampire, they haven't seen Rosalie smile as much as she has since meeting Katherine. They were grateful.

"I hope you're hungry." Esme smirked, Katherine eagerly nodded.

-

Rosalie sat at the dining room table besides Rosalie who watched her eat while the others were out hunting.

"You're beautiful." Rosalie exhaled. Katherine blushes lightly.

"Yeah you keep saying that." Rosalie leaned closer.

"Because it's true." She places a gentle cool kiss on Katherine's warm cheek.

"You are too." Katherine stated looking over at her.

"I think I love you." Katherine froze, her heart accelerating. She wouldn't doubt the feelings she shared for Rosalie however Katherine knew deep down all of this, it would never work out in the end, but right now she was content and that's all she ever hoped for, for the time being.

"Ditto." Rosalie smiled, relieved. Katherine swallowed her food before making a swift kiss on Rosalie's chilled pink lips.

The ride home was oddly quiet, the entire time Katherine thought about college, yes she didn't graduate for another year but she had to still keep her priorities straight. If they were still together by then will they stay together? Drift apart? Katherine didn't know but at the same time didn't need to know, she needed to live in the now and not in the future, not yet at least.

"You've been oddly quiet."

"Oh, sorry I was just thinking."

"About what." She glances at the blonde.

"College." Rosalie's hands visibly tightened on the steering wheel.

"What colleges are you looking into?" She asked sounding nonchalant.

"Well..." She trailed off. "I haven't really thought about what I would want to major in yet but colleges like Stanford, Penn State and Harvard have been reaching out to me."

"That's great Katherine!" Her voice sounded happy but to Rosalie it came out strained. This wasn't easy for her but there was no way she would stop Katherine from this, that would be selfish, this is her life, a life she hopes to be a part of for some time.

They pulled up to Katherine's home, she noticed, Bella's truck was missing, no doubt she was with Edward.

"So." Katherine turned her attention to Rosalie.

"My family and I are playing baseball this weekend, you should come, Bella's going to be there too." She mentioned. The brunette nodded.

"Yeah, sure." She smile. Leaning over she kissed Rosalie goodbye before exiting her convertible. "See you tomorrow!" She waved to her girlfriend as she retreated towards her house.

~

Vote/Comment

robbstark_