Chapter 23

Someone You Loved- Lewis Capaldi

Sorry for not writing for so long. I had a little case of writer's block. But that's all fixed now.

Enjoy!!

xoxo

𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖚𝖘𝖙

It only took moments later for Heaven's resolve to crack. Her angry facade faded away, leaving behind large midnight eyes complimented by a sad smile.

She opened her arms, beckoning me softly towards her. I didn't waste a moment in pulling her into me, her cheek pressed lightly against my chest as I ran my fingers through her ebony strands.

Heaven looked up from her position, her captivating features so close that I could feel her breath tickling me.

"I just want you to let me in," she spoke, her voice soft and whispery as if she had been crying previously.

I knew that it was irrational of me to still keep this secret from her. She was involved with me and my pack, and therefore this would directly impact her. But somewhere in my mind, I thought that if I kept it from her, she wouldn't be involved. It was stupid and reckless, because no matter what I do to keep her away from all of the danger, it's going to find a way in.

"I know," I spoke, my own voice still recovering from my tears earlier, "And I'm ready to tell you everything."

She looked on towards me hesitantly, but a flicker of hope passed through her eyes at my words.

"Really?" she whispered, drawing closer.

"Yeah, I was being an asshole earlier," I admitted, my heart lightening as a faint smile tugged at her lips, "But you're my mate, and you deserve to know."

I sat down on the edge of Heaven's bed, beckoning for her to sit beside me.

The bed dipped slightly as she sat down, her body heat enticing me to pull her closer.

And so I took a deep breath and dove in.

"I lied to you earlier." I began, drawing her attention.

"About what?"

"When we first got to know each other, I told you I only had one sibling, a sister. I lied"

I looked towards her face, only to see her encouraging me to continue. I looked down to my folded hands once again, and continued.

"I have a brother, too," I spit out the words, "But I'd hardly even call him that."

✧ ✧ ✧

𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓

I could see that August was struggling. His hands were restless, reaching up to run through his hair every so often.

I reached over, gently enfolding his hands in my own.

"Go on whenever you're ready," I smiled softly, looking into his worried eyes.