twenty-two

Soon, it was May. Draco and I were almost done with the Vanishing cabinet, but Voldemort has been pushing us to finish as soon as possible. It's taken way too long.

However, Draco wasn't handling the stress very well. One morning, after breakfast I followed him into the girls' bathroom, the one where Moaning Myrtle usually stays.

This wasn't the first time he had come in here. He would often run in here and cry, but wouldn't admit it so that he doesn't appear weak. He and Myrtle had actually become some sort of friends.

Normally, she would come out and try to cheer him up. She didn't today, though, which was weird. I was almost worried for her.

I hugged Draco as he started crying, feeling mixed emotions. I felt lucky that he trusted me enough to cry in front of me, but also sad that he was suffering like this.

I heard footsteps, and quickly stood in front of Draco, wand at the ready.

Of course, Harry Potter entered the bathroom and immediately shot a spell at me.

"What the hell, Potter?"

"I know you two are Death Eaters! Admit it!"

"We're not Death Eaters!" I shot a spell back at him. "Leave us alone!"

Draco joined in and we all started shooting verbal and non-verbal spells at each other. Potter broke a sink when I dodged a spell, and water began spilling everywhere.

"Crucio!" Draco said, aiming his wand at Harry.

"Sectumsempra!" Harry shouted as he dodged Draco's spell.

Draco flew backwards. I couldn't see what happened because I were hiding behind a stall, but I heard a few gasps and weak cries.

I ran towards Draco, and to my horror, saw Draco lying there on the wet floor, his chest and face gashed open.

Snape rushed in behind us and up to Draco. Potter began leaving. I kneeled next to Draco, worry filling my every thought.

"Don't move, Potter."

Potter walked back into the bathroom. We watched as Snape began healing Draco.

He knelt over Draco, drew his wand and traced it over the deep wounds Potter's curse had made, muttering an incantation that sounded almost like a song. The flow of blood seemed to ease; Snape wiped the residue from Draco's face and repeated his spell. Now the wounds seemed to be knitting.

"Vulnera Sanentur," Snape whispered.

Once Draco's wounds were fully healed, Snape had me take him to Madam Pomfrey's, just in case.

"Madam Pomfrey! Draco was hit with a spell. Professor Snape healed him mostly, but he wanted you to make sure Draco's actually okay."

"Merlin's beard—yes, bring him here."

I helped him over to one of the infirmary beds and he laid down. Madam Pomfrey immediately began taking care of him.

"He's going to be okay, he'll just have a nasty scar. Professor Snape knows his healing spells."

"Oh, thank Merlin. Thank you, Madam."

"Of course, L/n."

~~~

"Draco, are you sure about this?"

"Of course. Even if I wasn't, it's not like we have much of a choice."

I nodded, knowing he was completely right, We don''t have a choice anymore. We're Death Eaters, and we have to do anything the Dark Lord says, even if it means putting all of our friends and schoolmates in danger.