Chapter Seventeen

Chapter song: Falling for U by Peachy!

Colby's p.o.v.

The movie ended and Y/N was resting up against my body. I had my arm around her shoulder, feeling every time she jumped from the jump scare. She shifted a bit, coming out from under my arm. She stretches out and pulls the blanket off herself. She walks over to the kitchen and opens up the fridge. I grabbed the tv remote turning it off and getting up myself. I walk over to the island and lean against it. "Ugh I have no food," she says. I lean over to see inside her fridge and she isn't wrong. She has milk, a few condiments, and the McDonalds from this morning.

"Do you want to go out? We can go food shopping or just out to eat." I suggested.

"Or both." She said laughing.

"That's fine with me," I replied. "I can drive." I said.

She smiled and said, "okay." She walked back into what I guessed was her room and grabbed a pair of white slip on vans. "Let's go!" She said grabbing her normal tiny backpack and her phone.

We get down to the garage and walk over to my car. We get in and I start it up. "Do you have an aux cord?" She asked innocently. I dug around the center console to see where it fell and gave it to her when I found it. The night we went on our date to Tendergreens we discussed our music taste, which was very similar. She plugged it in scrolling through Spotify to eventually put on Don't you Dare by Mellow Fellow. She started to slowly hum the song, which turned into her singing a bit. She actually sounded really good. I wonder if she ever thought of doing singing.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked her.

She thought for a moment before saying, "Starbucks then Walmart?"

"That's fine with me," I said. I put the closest Starbucks in my gps. I don't normally go there so I'm not really sure where to go. It was about ten minutes away. The whole ride there Y/N sang quietly along to the music. She was so cute. We pulled up to Starbucks and she said to go through the drive through.

We pull up to the speaker and the worker greets us. Not knowing what she wants I look at her. She leans over the center console to get closer to the speaker. "Hi I would like a venti iced caramel macchiato with two pumps of vanilla, three pumps of caramel syrup, and 2% milk." Wow I can't believe she had that long order memorized. She sat back and the guy told me to pull up. (A/N: this is my order and let me tell you... it's bomb) We pull up and she hands me a Starbucks card. The guy swipes it an hands me her drink. I give her the card, her drink, and a straw. While grabbing it she brushed my hand a few times, making my skin tingle. I wonder if she had these same feelings.

We made our way over to Walmart and she was already almost finished her drink. We got out of the car and as we walked to the front she grabbed a cart. She placed her bag in the front of the cart where toddlers sit. I followed close behind her. The whole trip was just us talking and her grabbing what she needed. She had a variety of things like snacks, cereal, soda, dinner foods, ice cream. While we were in the paper towel aisle, an old lady in a wheeler cart asked me to grab her a certain brand of toilet paper. I grabbed the toilet paper and placed it in her cart for her. She turned to Y/N and spoke, "you keep him, that's a nice man."

Y/N turned, surprised, "oh we're not together." She laughed. She looked at me embarrassed.

Y/N's p.o.v.

The old lady backed her cart up to get closer to me and further from Colby. She whispered, "he likes you, I can tell by the way he looks at you." She smiled and drove her cart away, passing Colby and thanking him one last time. Colby walked over to me. I was blushing, I could feel it.

"So, what did she whisper to you?" He said while smirking.

"That's none of your business," I replied, now smirking too.

"Oh is that right?" His eyebrows raised as he smiled. He started to run towards me and I took off. I could hear him close behind me, as he was definitely faster. He eventually caught up, as we were nearing the end of the aisle, and picked me up throwing me over his shoulder. I started pounding my fists on his back and yelling.

"COLBY LET ME DOWN. WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PUBLIC STORE. OH MY GOD. YOU ARE SO CHILDISH." He just chuckled and continued walking. "COLE ROBERT BROCK."

"Oh shoot, my full name. I guess I'm in trouble." He laughed. He pulled me down, causing me to slide down the front of his body. I landed on my feet right in front of him, our bodies almost touching. His bright blue eyes stared into my dark blue ones.
Our faces were close. I cleared my throat, backing away. He looked away awkwardly and ran a hand through his hair, moving the blue streaks around. We walked back to the cart and I finished my shopping.

A/N: sorry for teasing 😂. I kinda wanted them to kiss too. I think it's too soon tho. Let me know what you think in the comments. Thanks for all the positive support 💗😭
-Sam