⥈ chapter three: HIDE N' SEEK ⥈

« chapter iii: HIDE N' SEEK »

Tim parked his bike in an alley a few streets over from the apartment building

Tim parked his bike in an alley a few streets over from the apartment building. He could see the red brick structure looming in the distance and he knew better than to park just outside the building. If the girls saw him (if there truly was two of them hiding there) then Dabria would be able to use her powers to get them out of there and all Tim would find is a lot of nothing. 

Tim kind of regretted going out in costume all of a sudden. If he had worn plain clothes, put a hat over his head and worn some sunglasses then nobody would be the wiser as to he was, even if they saw him riding around on the Red Wing Bike. People would see him sure but they would never recognize him. Tim thought that this would be the best way to come, it was an outfit Dabria would recognize. If any ole weirdo walked into the building off the street, she might just attack him, not that Tim couldn't defend himself. 

Climbing up the fire escape of the building closest to him, Tim began the journey across the rooftops so he would look a little less conspicuous walking around on the ground and also because... Who had ever seen one of the Bat's not running across rooftops unless they were beating the snot out of someone on the ground or driving around to catch the bad guys? The Bat's and rooftops were synonymous with one another. 

Tim made his way carefully but quickly, his mind racing ten steps ahead of him as he considered his approach into the building. He already knew which apartment Adelaide's was, 204, but would they be there? Or would they choose a different place, one that was less damaged by the fire? Tim headed for the door that leads up to the roof and was able to pick the lock easy enough to get it open. As soon as he was inside, he began systematically checking all the apartments on the third floor.

The third floor was virtually untouched by the fire, aside from the floor damage in several key points of the building but other than that, the apartment appeared to be normal. Tim found no trace of a sleeping area on the third floor and no storage of food and supplies that were up to date so he quickly ruled out the third floor as a possibility. Tim hoped he was sneaking around quiet enough but he had gotten so laser focused in trying to find something that he wasn't being careful of his footing. It was a sloppy thing for him to do but it couldn't be helped now. He would just have to be extra careful on the second floor.