thirty-one

Guys, we are getting there... the end is near.

happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

also, thanks for all of the comments. 
- I love u

_________________

Jia kept him pretty busy throughout the day and it was a good thing because it kept him from going nuts, wondering what the hell was happening in the custody battle.

But now it was three pm, Jia was napping and he was alone with his thoughts — he would pray if he was a religious man, but he wasn't really. He would pray for nothing to change... or better, he would pray for peace. He would pray for Gabe to find peace so he could give peace to Kaycee and Jia. He would pray for them to be finally free of all this pain they've been dealing with. 

Dancing was his life, he also enjoined videography and taking nice pictures but there was one thing that he liked doing and would fit into any of his emotions: cooking. No matter what was the situation, he would manage to squeeze a recipe into it. If Sean was happy, he would cook. If he was sad, he would cook.

And if he was nervous, guess what? You are right, he would cook... and he would cook a lot.

That was an easy way to know that something was off with Sean. If all of a sudden he starts to cook food to feed the entire state of Texas, well then there's something bothering him.

And waiting for Kaycee to get home or send some news was too much so there he was, in the kitchen, cooking more than they could store in their fridge — he made: cheese mashed potatoes because Jia loves it. Made tons of broccoli and rice. Made grilled potatoes and pulled pork. Made meatballs sandwiches and cauliflower crust pizzas.... and now he was making a pineapple cake.

He had just placed the cake in the oven and was checking on his pulled pork that was almost ready when he heard the noise of keys coming from the door — Sean immediately turned the stove off and cleaned his hands on the dishcloth that was hanging over his shoulder.

"I just got home, Bails... yeah, I not sure either." She walked inside the house, taking her shoes by the door and leaving the keys in their key-bawl — on the phone with Bailey. "I'll call you later to tell you more."

She turned around, took a look at Sean, and smelled the house, before continuing. "Or maybe you guys can come to have dinner with us later, something tells me there's lots of food."

Sean would have laughed if he wasn't nervously standing in the middle of the living room, waiting to receive the news.

"Okay, bye, love." She hangs up the phone.

"So?" He didn't even wait for her to say anything.

"Well, we didn't win." She said, walking to him — the chock on his face was so clear, he couldn't understand how she was so calm.

"What? How? I mean, can we appeal? Try again? It's not poss-" He stopped after seeing the smile on her face. "Why you're smiling?"

"We didn't win because the audience was canceled," She added, running her fingers through his fringe to fix it. "because Gabe decided for a deal."

He winded his eyes. "A deal? A good one?"

She nodded. "He gave up."

"For real?" He asked and she nodded again — he hugged her strongly, spinning around their leaving room. Having her laughing was the most amazing sound ever.