Chapter Twelve- History

The thud of books hitting the floor woke Eboni from her sleep. Bolting upright her blurry eyes focused and with the little light the early morning sun gave her she looked around the room, her heart racing from the rude awakening.

After collecting herself together she slipped out of the covers and retrieved the books from the floor, setting them back onto the bed so she could begin to read. There was no way she was falling back to sleep now.

Taking the small leather bound journal off the pile she rested it against her knees, her back up against the velvet headboard, turning the pages slowly so as to not damage them. 'Elementi bringer of light- a journal of the world' the title read. Turning to the first chapter she snuggled back into the warmth of the covers and began to read.

Writings of John Currows

First day of the first summer, 500AE. 1.1.2.500.

With our creators promise to continue to look down on his people, I have decided to take it upon myself to brave the vast oceans that separate our glorious lands.

As I am writing this I am currently sat on a small vessel traveling north towards God's Land. There I hope to meet the holy ones and learn more about the lands I am about to traverse.

My Captain is a spritely young chap, who I am beginning to fear has stolen his father's boat and convinced his father's crew to join me upon this mission. Not that I blame him at all, the knowledge and adventure that awaits us is palpable.

We have been sailing for just over two days now and though we have enough food and beer to last us a few weeks, I can sense the crew is getting restless at not being able to see land- though if my calculations are correct I believe we should see our Creators first land very soon. I will update this journal as my adventure continues, for now though I have a terrible headache from far too much beer and fear I may need to sleep for another two days to make it disappear.

2.1.2.500.

Upon this morning, as the sun began to rise, we could see God's Land for the first time. We are but a moment away from docking onto their shores. A large crowd is beginning to form on the beaches, I do hope they are friendly and do think of me - or this ship's crew- as hostile. We have a lot to learn from one another and the King wishes me to start trading talks. Not that I will do so quickly and willingly, I do not know their temperament nor their willingness to accept other rulers demands.

I will write more later, as the ship has now docked. Exciting times surely are ahead.

5.1.2.500.

The ship's crew along with my good self, have been warmly accepted into the community of this land. God's Land truly is a sight to behold. It rises and falls like waves and the trees are a dark red colour. Most peculiar and yet so beautiful. The High Priest and Priestess, the overseers of this land, have kindly gifted me with a few of their treasures and I thought it was a good time to get King Leopold's trading talk out of the way. They have refused, very diplomatically. I admire their ways, it is so much more peaceful and loving than Rolezal. I cannot wait to see what other treasures the other lands hold.

16.1.2.500.

After an insightful conversation with one of the Brothers of the Land a few days previously he could direct me to a set of scrolls which outline the basic map points of where each land is, there is so much more out there I had never dreamed of and we are setting sale to the Barren Lands at high tide tomorrow morning. I leave this land with another adventure and many good friends.

20.1.2.500.

We have arrived at the barren lands. It is with a heavy heart and much disappointment that the scrolls were right. It truly is- even after many hundred years- incapable of life. The only characteristics worth noting is that the land is vast and rocky and the ocean that surrounds it treacherous. It took us two days of steady and careful sailing to reach its shores. We are moving on to Sher Woods. The stories of the lands there could not be more different from the one I have just stood on. I do hope that in the future here, life begins to flourish as Elementi intended.