42. Zest

I dream of an experience where Asterism Hamal and I were strangers. To compare us, Asterism was colder than me.

🦋

When I see them at the dining table in the morning, I ask them, "When did you come back?" because they weren't back yet when I stayed up late last night

"I didn't want to check the time," is the tired answer from Space, who has his head on the table

"It's really late," Nebula Spica yawns when answering

"Where did you go?" now I am curious of what they did

"Karaoke," even Venus Myrtle looks sleepy when putting down our breakfast on the table

Cosmos Altarf points at his throat and sighs. I correctly interpret it as him losing his voice. How wild were they singing at the karaoke booth yesterday?

Horo and Scopus Rasalhague, one raises a hand in greeting whilst the other is not reacting. Seeing the Younger Twin not greeting me, the Older Twin nudges him. That move from Horo wakes up Scopus. My, my. To be so sleepy.

Why do they get up so early anyway?

Even if it's no good, isn't it fine to skip today's activities to recover their vitality?

"If we keep doing that, we will be lazy," Horo responses whilst yawning

Scopus, after greeting me, plants his head on the table again, mumbling, "We are lazy though,"

Horo shoots his Brother a look, which is not reciprocated, "Well, I am not as lazy as you,"

Letting the twins to their banter, I examine the rest. Venus gives me a smile when I glance at her. Space blinks rapidly, trying to drive away his sleepiness. Nebula is nibbling on something, a chili pepper, if my eyes aren't tricking me.

Cosmos glances at my back, when I check on him, so I turn around to be greeted by Asterism's scowl.

Whoa, that startled me.

Space blinks at Asterism, somewhat shocked too, "Asterism! What got you in such a bad mood?! Did the date with Mercury not go well?"

Asterism glares at Space, gnashing his teeth whilst nursing his forehead. Even though he looks like he is angry, Asterism still manages to speak calmly, "It went very well. This is unrelated to that. I just have a headache,"

Scopus has lifted his head to look at the situation. After hearing Asterism's explanation, he automatically shies away from my boyfriend, "A headache can make you look so angry?"

"I am not angry," says Asterism, while frowning heavily, "I just feel uncomfortable,"

I look for Cosmos, our resident physician. Cosmos laughs silently at Asterism's pain before moving up to find the right medicine for Asterism to take.

After everyone settles down, breakfast is actually enjoyable.

Then, Space sends Nebula to his school while taking the twins. I drive my own car with Asterism, Cosmos, and Venus as the passengers. Naturally, we are to meet at the University.

I have prepared myself, but to know how far behind I have been left in lessons... It's a little frustrating.

"Don't worry too much, I will help you," Asterism, as my deskmate, assures me

Inhaling deeply, I exhale, "Thank you," I will need the help

Now that I am healthy again, I should be able to pull several all-nighters. When he knows of my plan, Asterism stops me. Offering his own notebooks, Asterism tells me he has summarised important points for me beforehand.