35

On the day of the first task, we all huddled together in the stands

On the day of the first task, we all huddled together in the stands. Dumbledore announces that the challenge was taking an egg from a very protective dragon.

It was absolutely mental.

My heart thumped worriedly for Diggory. He was no friend but I wasn't confident with him stealing an egg from a huge dragon.

Diggory was the type of guy that would work for the Ministry in Wizard Relations department with his smiling face and calming voice. Not the Law Enforcement department and definitely not battling creatures like Dragons. Talented as he may be he was no knight in shining armor with a wand.

"He's got it! Diggory's got it!" Daphne screams excitedly from beside me.

Viktor Krum and the French girl did just as well as Diggory and all too soon it was the Chosen One next.

Draco and I peer down at Potter who nervously went out to the field. He looked absolutely pathetic if I was being honest. Nothing like how Krum and Diggory went out with such glory and confidence. I would never admit to saying this but I felt bad for him.

He suddenly had his Firebolt out and I laughed. Did he actually plan to put fly a dragon?

Minutes later and by sheer dumb luck Potter was able to snatch the egg.

-

Earlier, Professor Snape announced in the Great Hall that he would be meeting the Slytherin fourth years to seventh years at the dungeons. Now, Severus Snape stood in front of the group of Slytherins with a look of pure boredom.

He looked like he didn't even want to be with us. "The Yule Ball is an ungodly tradition that is unfortunately part of the Triwizard Tournament."

The girls all started whispering excitedly. Already they were distracted with the thought of dates and dresses.

"If only Higgs was here." Daphne muttered teasingly. "I'm only joking, of course. With understandings like what Theo and I have there's already no choice in the matter."

Professor Snape goes on about a dance. It honestly sounded fun. Suddenly, he starts calling names at random to pair up.

"Montague." The girls start whispering again. Graham is a very agreeable rich pureblood Quidditch playing boy with no understanding with any girl. He was fair game. "Emrys."

I almost sigh in defeat. It wasn't that I didn't want to be partnered with Graham. I just think someone else would be better for him. Someone that would worship the ground he walked on and feel giddy at the genuine smiles he would give.

From across the room, I see Draco frown heavily watching Montague smile and walk towards my direction.

"Kally." Graham called standing in front of me and smiling that genuine smile of his. Maybe I did feel a little giddy. His eyes were the brightest of blues as he looked down at me offering a hand.