Chapter 3: Mahiron

After my grandmother also went to sleep, I was about to leave when something stopped me in the dark hallway. The windows of my grandfather's art room blew open once again, leaving me frustrated in the hallway. I placed my belongings on the floor and rushed inside to shut the windows and lock the door when I heard something clicking again. I gulped nervously.

"Just turn around and leave." I whispered to myself, turning my back towards the windows and stepping out of the dark art room when the howling suddenly started again.

"Don't" I almost pinched myself when I felt this sudden curiosity taking over my mind. Something almost whispered ny name into the breeze and my heart started racing. A mixture of fear and adrenaline.
I shut my eyes, why was it so hard to just turn your back and walk out?

When a sudden heavy wind blew through me out of nowhere I gasped with widened eyes and turned towards the wall. In trance I started walking towards it, I couldn't stop myself, whatever was hidden behind that wall, was trying to call me.

Just like yesterday, I kneeled down and traced my fingers over the rough edges of the wallpaper.

"I'm here" I whispered. At the movement of my touch, the wall started moving and my eyes widened while witnessing the scene in front of me. When the door finally opened, a soft breeze blew through my hair and caressed my face softly. I shut my eyes at the distant feeling.

When silence filled the room, I opened my eyes again and my jaw dropped at the open door in front of me. It was indeed a hidden entry inside the wall, I had never been aware of.

I nervously bit on my lower lip, contemplating whether to resist this childish curiosity or just walk in. I glanced back at the hallway, it was still dark and empty, they were probably both deeply at sleep.

I ran a hand through my hair, with a racing heart and a curious grin on my lips, I gave in to the curiosity and lowered myself to the door's height and walked in.
With the door suddenly crashing shut, I was pushed inside and fell right on my knees. I groaned in pain and rubbed my knees in my pitch black surroundings.
Out of nowhere my head started spinning, with a piercing pain filling my skull.

I clenched my eyes shut and leaned over my knees in pain, clutching the sides of my head. The pain was unbearable, it was scratching my inside right through my ears that made me suddenly scream in pain.

"H-Help!" I screamed until I felt numb and the pain suddenly stopped and I fell roughly on my shaking limbs. Sweat was covering my face, I tried to blink but I was too weak to even open my eyes. I could hear distant voices surrounding me but I couldn't move my body. I could feel how I was about to fall back when a pair of arms held me back and I drifted away.

~

"Stand up!" Someone's strong grip pulled me up on my shoulders and I whimpered in pain, my lids still to heavy to open them.

"I'm sorry grandpa." I whispered tiredly "I wont put my foot near that door again."

My grandfather's grip tightened and shrieked in pain, my eyes widening in shock. I was about to say something, when I froze.

"Talk!" The stranger in his armor, shook me by my shoulders and I tried to push him away, my mind was foggy and my body completely numb.

"Don't touch me!" I tried to turn around, when my eyes widened again and I stumbled backwards against the stranger. He held me back "I said talk woman!" He screamed at me and I pushed him away.

"What do you want from me?! Where am I for god's sake!" I clutched the sides of my head and let my widened eyes travel around the golden hall we were standing in. Workers in historical attires rushing past us, not daring to lift their eyes.

He smirked disgustingly "You don't know where you are, hmn? Guards!" He shouted and I flinched.
I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. "Stay calm" I whispered to myself.

"What guards? Listen, wait!" I said holding my hands up to stop him. I was sweating and panicking while to keep my calm and find a way back to the house.
He ignored me and I screamed when two guards literally yanked me back by my arms "Stop! Let me go! I said let me go!" I screamed at them while trying to free my arms from their hold.

"Take her away!" The stranger said to the guards and I screamed again "No! STOP!"

He suddenly lifted his hand and gestured the guards to stop. "Talk or they'll take you away" He glared at me, hands on the sword around his attire.

I gulped "Listen, I didn't intentionally ended up here. I really don't know where I am, please believe me and help me to go back. I'm not here to harm anyone and I'm definitely not a criminal, so please let me go." I breathed out at the verge of crying and his stoic expression remained the same before he nodded to his guards and they let me go.

I breathed out in relief and rubbed my hurting arms.
"Tell me where you came from" He said more calmly this time and I nodded while taking a deep breath.

"I will, I promise but first just let me know where this place is and why is everyone dressed this way?" I asked while staring at the my grand surroundings with parted lips.

He clenched his jaw "This is the castle of the great King Taehyung, the first son of King Kim wong suk of Mahiron! How dare you to ask me where you are? It's a privilege for you to be standing here among us. Do you understand me, you dirty farmer?" He spitted out and my eyes widened while stepping back.

"What did you just say?" My stomach twisted and a cold shiver ran down my spine.

"What King? What castle? Are you kidding me?" I laughed while desperately shaking my head in shock.

Where am I for god's sake?

"Guards! Take this farmer!"

"Wait! Listen, we don't have a King in 2019 and I've never heard of Mahiron. I'm about to lose my mind, please help me go back."

"2019?" A deep laugh chuckle escaped his lips while his mocking stare met mine. I fingers started trembling, my reality suddenly settling deep into my consciousness.

"Wake up you brainless woman, it's the year of 1819! Now take that garbage away from here!" I shut my eyes when the guards suddenly pulled me back.

Nobody was listening nor seeing me, no matter how much I fumbled inside their painful grips. I screamed the hall down while feeling the hot tears of frustration and fear run down my cheeks.