Chapter 30 | A Date With Noah Jackson

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"Morning."

Hannah yawns, making her way into the kitchen. Pouring herself some coffee as I sit at the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee in my hands. I look through my schedule for this semester on my laptop, which sits on the counter. A few days have passed since New Year and now into a whole new year, classes resume in a few days. The break was nice while it lasted.

"Morning," I respond, taking a sip of my coffee. My eyes flickering up from my drink to see Hannah rooting through the cereal cupboard.

"I can't find the Lucky Charms. I swear there were some left yesterday," Hannah huffs, placing her hands on her hips.

"That's so weird," I state, flickering my eyes back down to my laptop as I sip my coffee. Hearing her feet tap against the floor, I see her invade my eyeline.

"Avalon..." Hannah scolds, and I smile sheepishly at her. "You stole the last of the lucky charms, didn't you?"

"They were just sat there waiting to be eaten," I justify, and she rolls her eyes. "You can't put a box of sugary deliciousness in front of me and expect me not to eat it," I huff, and she raises her eyebrows, making me sigh. "I'll buy you some more."

Satisfied with herself, she comes around and sits next to me. "Have you heard from Noah?"

"Yeah. Coach is riding them super hard since he knows they all stuffed their faces at Christmas and the Championship game is coming up," I giggle and Hannah laughs. Since coach was taking all his time up, preparing for the last game of the season, our date plans have been put on hold. But we've been sneaking in kisses and phone time. A knock on the door breaks us out of our conversation, and I look at Hannah. "Did you order something again? I swear you need to control your shopping addiction."

Getting up and making my way to the door, Hannah argues. "Ok, first I ordered nothing and second no one can stop me!"

She childishly pouts and I laugh before opening the door, seeing Noah stood on the other side. A bouquet of blooming lilies in his hands, along with a paper bag in his other hand with a coffee shop logo on it. A grin lights up his face as he stands in front of me in workout gear.

"Noah. Hi," I grin, accepting the kiss that he leans down to give me.

"Hey beautiful. These are for you," He states, pulling back and handing me the flowers. "And so is this, I brought breakfast."

Letting him into the apartment, he closes the door behind him, following me over to the kitchen.

"You two make me sick," Hannah states, but I know she's joking and is actually happy for me from the smile on her face.

"Good morning to you, too. I'm assuming you don't want the breakfast I brought you either then?" Noah questions, as I put the flowers in a vase.

"I approve." Hannah states, making me laugh. "I'll take that. So, what are you doing here?"

Hannah takes the bag off Noah and immediately digs into the food. Noah shakes his head at her actions before turning to face me.

"How do you feel about letting me take you on our first date?" Noah questions and Hannah chokes on the food she's eating, but waves us off.

"Don't you have practice?"

"No, coach has given us a few days off. Power break until we start training again for the last game of the season. Feel like a spontaneous date?" Noah winks.

"Let me get changed. I'm guessing by your sportswear I should also be," I run my eyes down his attire, that looks great against his athletic and muscular body. He nods his head and I smile before leaning up to kiss his cheek. "Thank you for the breakfast and the flowers."