Chapter 16

Nipsey's POV

Once Ant pulled up with the rest of the boys, we all sat around the conference table down in the basement

Once Ant pulled up with the rest of the boys, we all sat around the conference table down in the basement. Ant told us about the note Mel got, and the nigga that gave it to her was killed.

"If the nigga dead, then that means he knows we know, right," Chris asks leaning forward looking around the table everybody.

This Keenan nigga on his boss shit, killing any and everybody out of line. I hate that Melanie is in the middle of this shit. She is my lil sister man, I promised her people I'd always look out for her.

"He probably does, I mean this nigga is thinking way ahead of us. Hadn't heard a word about this nigga until today," Smoke hissed hopping out his seat. He began pacing around until Hakeem walked into the room. Hakeem the tech guy round here, cuz can find out bout any and everything.

"Watcha got fa me Keem," I asked leaning back in my seat.

"Keenan Parnell Harris 24 years old, born and raised in the East side. He got into the game when he was 15. He has been arrested twice in his life, bot agrevated assault. Dude works underneath Omar, and is basically like a son to him, I mean they eat family dinners together and shit."

"So the nigga was born and breed to be our enemy, I'll be damn," Chris states throwing his hands up.

"We know who he runs with, let's just swing over to their place and fuck some shit up, that will send a message to that bitch to not fuck with us," Mike yelled slamming his hands on the table.

"It will send a message that we want war, and that ain't the message I'm trying to get behind. It's enough of us out here killing each other as is. I am not becoming another statistic for theses cops and shit to point at and say I'm the one poisoning my own neighborhood, and campaigning that violence solves problems," I preached leaning forward in my chair looking around at everybody's face.

"Same old Nip, always the peace keeper, never the one to want to get his hands dirty." I look over to the door to see my homie Leander, and walking in behind him was his two lil brothers Sterling, and Rashawn.

Out the corner of my eye I see Ant shifting around in his seat.

"Let me ask you this Mr. Martin Luther King Jr. If you not gone blast the nigga, what you gone do when you wake up to see he done came after Lauren and Kross. You told me yo house was being watched, who's to say he ain't picked up on Lauren's pattern of doing things. He could snatch her ass up and use her against you. But you being the peace and love advocate, you gone wanna have a sit down with the nigga. You think its all peace and love til he whips out his gun and BANG! He got what he wanted."

"Well, what do you suggest we do Lee," I ask sitting back, opening the floor for his suggestion. "Seeing as he is using my sister as a piece of his take over strategy, I say we turn the tables on him. Set him up."

The guys in the room all began nodding their heads, well everybody but Ant. "Are you saying you wanna put your sister, the mother of my first born child, the mother of my son, in harms way," Ant shouts standing up. Rashawn steps forwards towards the looking like he wanted to jump over it to get to Ant. "Hell nah Anthony, I would never put our sister in harms way," Leander yelled back pulling Rashawn away from the table.

"It sure the fuck sounds like it to me, this nigga killed or had somebody kill someone that gave her a fucking note warning her that he wasn't shit. I'll be damn if I even let that bitch nigga breathe the same air as her," Ant states looking beyond pissed off.

"She won't have to be in the room with him, all she has to do is call, and set up a time and place to meet up, we swoop in once he comes in, and BOOM, he's dead," Sterling explains gaining a few head nods from the other guys in the room.

Ant huffs sitting down, as I stand up. "So that's the plan, lead him to a place, and take him out," I ask.

"Better him than you, Lauren, Melanie or Kross," Leander stated shrugging his shoulders.

I considered his words, before nodding my head. "I guess that's the plan." I walk out the room going to my office. I walk in walking to my desk running my hands over my face. I hear the door open and close. Without turning around, I already knew who it was.

"What the fuck are they doing here Nip," Ant shouts, as I leaned forward onto my desk.

"I called them earlier as soon as I heard that Melanie was involved, you know that they were gone come done here fucking shit up if I had not keyed them in on what was going down," I explained turning around looking at him.

"You couldn't warn a nigga G, I could have gotten shot in that room. I could have gotten a bullet proof vest out," Ant jokes plopping down in a chair.

"My bad, slipped my mind," I replied leaning back against the desk. Ant shakes his head staring off into space, before looking at me.

"This shit gone get real messy." I nod my head silently agreeing, "This shit may blow up in our faces man and unload a lot of shit on us."

This shit could go 1 of 2 ways, and I'm praying to the man upstairs that it all goes according to plan. If not, I could lose a whole lot including my life.

-----------------------------------------------------

This chapter is dedicated to Nipsey Hussle.
August 15, 1985 - March 31, 2019

The Marathon Continues🏃🏾‍♂️🏁