5

Mateo's POV

"What was that?" I ask confused. I turn to the others and see them with confused faces too.

"Couldn't tell you." Angelo says walking by me. I grab the back of his shirt collar and pull him back into the kitchen.

"Get back here." I cross my arms and block the exit.

"She's been like that all day." Jax says.

"She wasn't like that in chorus." Cristina adds.

"What period was chorus?" Xavier asks.

"Third. Then fourth period and lunch." She replies.

"So something happened in fourth period." I say.

"Obviously. Can I go now?" Angelo says trying to walk away but I stop him.

"Do you know something?" I ask him. He just lifts his eyebrows.

"No, I just don't care. She'll be fine by tomorrow morning." He shrugs.

"She was also late to lunch." Claudio says, looking down on his phone. "Dunno if that'd help much though." I raise my eyebrows slightly.

"So a teacher held her back. She's mad about being corrected. Glad we figured that out." Angelo eyes rolls and I glare at him. He definitely knows something. I put my hands in my pants pockets and raise an eyebrow.

"Ten." I start to count.

"What are you doing?" He questions.

"Nine."

"Why are you counting backwards?"

"Eight."

"I swear I don't know anything!" He says and puts his hands up.

"Seven."

"I'm being totally and completely honest, Teo."

"Six."

"Aye aye calm down."

"Five."

"I'm being serious man! I don't know anything!"

"Four."

"Why are you still counting?!"

"Three."

"Teeoooo."

"Two." I pause. "On-"

"God fine! So all I know is that I was waiting for her at her class and she got held back. I heard the teacher bring up our parents or whatever and she stormed out." He says and eye rolls. "Can I go now?" He says.

"Why did you feel the need to hide that?" I ask him. He just shrugs looking down then walks away.

It was obvious whatever the teacher said aggravated him too. When it comes to our parents, both Cat and Angel are effected the most. He locked himself in his room for weeks and Cat would always be scared we'd abandon her too. They looked up to our parents the most, and to see them walk out, and wake up to them not there... that changes a person.

Angelo was always doing things with our dad. Playing football, video games, fixing cars and things. Hell, he'd even help our dad do his police work. Angelo saw our dad as his role model and to have your role model just walk out, it hurts. I understand why our mom left, but not our dad. He was a good guy, he wouldn't walk out on his family... at least I didn't think so.

Catalina on the other hand... our mother hated her the most out of the triplets. She was always physically and verbally abusing them. Cat got it worse though, I could never figure out why. Her attitude maybe? I was never sure why our mother hated them so much... Our dad always stood close by though, ready to stop our mother if she took it too far, it got to that point a few times. He was protective over the three of them.