Prologue: The Letters

London, England

Jack's POV

The streets were their usual busy self, not noticing me or any other orphan. It's been like this for my 11 year life, wake up, find food, eat food and go to bed, I've been repeating this for years. If we're lucky someone gives us enough money for a sandwich. Most times however it's more like...

"Hey! You get back here you cheeky bugger." The baker yelled, chasing after Rob, who held a piece of bread in his hands, giving me the opportunity to sneak into the shop, steal as many bagels as I could. Needless to say the guys and I had a great lunch today.

The afternoon was as regular as can be expected. I was in my room, tired from my group's adventure, laying on the bed. There came a knock from the door. When the door opened, a giant man with a beard, that went down all the way to his belly, was in the doorway. As the man walked towards him, he began to notice the clothing he was wearing. The wore a red coat with black fur around the edges and a fur hat to match.

The man sat down on a seat across from Jack and gave the boy a warm smile.

"Hello Jack Frost, it is a pleasure to meet you." the man said, with a thick Russian accent Jack noted. He stretched his hand out for the boy to shake it. Jack, not wanting to be rude, shook his hand.

"I'm sorry for asking but, who are you?"

"Oh yes! I nearly forgot, you were only a baby when we last met. My name is North Scammander and I am headmaster at Hogwarts." the newly named North said with his warm smile still on his face. Jack, not knowing what Hogwarts was, had a questionable expression of his face. North, only now realizing the boys confusion, slapped himself on his forehead.

"Damn this old brain! Never works anymore. Hogwarts is a school for witchcraft and wizardry. Now the..." before North could finish what he was saying, Jack burst into laughter. Never before had he heard of something so ridiculous. North simply looked at the boy, then the cupboard next to Jack became covered in flames.

All of Jack's laughter died out immediately, he was in awe of what he was witnessing. And just as quick as the flames appeared, they were gone. Jack ran to the cupboard, checking to see if it had turned to ash, it hadn't. He slowly turned around to the man in the chair, still smiling at the boy.

"You're a wizard Jack."

Those four words froze Jack all over. A wizard, no it couldn't be. There was nothing about him that screamed 'wizard'. As though North was reading his mind, he asked him.

"Have you ever made something strange happen around you when you were angry or scared?" he asked, seemingly already knowing the answer.

Jack looked at the man with eyes the size of golf balls.

"Yeah. Once a man grabbed me for stealing a few pieces of bread, threatened to cut my hands off and then suddenly woosh, I was on top of this orphanage." Jack said, recounting the weird event that happened months ago. He never truly understood how he got up there, after a while he decided not to bother.

"See Frost, you have the same gift your parents had."

"Wait, you knew my parents?"

"Why of course, it was my 55th year as headmaster for Hogwarts, good year that was. Peter Frost, goofy child but he never backed out of a fight. When I saw him I thought to myself 'North, you watch that boy, he has the eyes of a Gryffindor.' My brain was wrong again it seemed, the hat instantly put him in Hufflepuff, but he was a good student nonetheless. Jill Matthews was a obvious Ravenclaw, even the hat knew that. They always had fun together, except maybe when O.W.L.S were arriving. She was Head Girl and he was Hufflepuff's Quidditch Captain."