Wattpad Original

Original Edition - Epilogue

~7 years later~

The church bells ring and I find myself panicking.

I fidget with my ring, hanging by the silver chain around my neck.

Aisle, walking, 1 minute, breathe.

I start to hyperventilate and try to fan myself with the bouquet. The groom is already at the front, and we're still making last minute dress alterations behind the huge, wooden doors.

To make things worse, we did hair and makeup so early this morning that I didn't get to eat breakfast.

Why did I ever get the idea to set this wedding at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning? Oh yeah, because it's a church.

I quietly curse under my breath, but realize my mistake and make the sign of the cross right after to beg for forgiveness. Honey, life is tough and sometimes it brings the curses out of me.

I take a deep breath and the wedding planner says, "Start the music," into his ear piece. The large, wooden doors open, and Pachelbel's Canon in D starts to play.

Step by step, I begin to walk forward. I smile as I see the people in the pews, but after a few seconds, it makes me more nervous than I already am. I reach close to the altar, focusing on the groom, but my eyes drift to the familiar man beside him, causing my jaw to drop in shock.

I almost drop the bouquet.

Actually, it does fall from my hands but James swiftly reaches to grab it before it does, handing it right back to me.

I don't move from my position, still gaping at him as if he were a ghost.

"Surprise," he mouths. I still stay stationary in my position.

Finally Logan steps up between us, muttering through his teeth, "Can you guys get out of the freakin' way so we can continue on with my wedding?"

"Sorry," we both whisper at the same time, stepping back into our positions. 

The rest of the bridesmaids walk down the aisle, but I drown out all of the music, not looking at any single one of them. My eyes are only focused on one person, who seems to be Logan's best man.

He catches me staring at him and I quickly look away. It isn't long until my curiosity gets the best of me and I turn back.

He throws me a little smirk, and I shake my head while rolling my eyes. He's the same person, alright. After seven years, he's still that tall and handsome guy, with a charming smile. His hair is now neatly trimmed, while his face has a short stubble. Still, the familiar dark, brown eyes and piercing dimples never fade.

Finally, Jasmine walks down the aisle, in her simple yet elegant white dress. Her hair is up in a gorgeous braided bun and her features are enhanced with the natural makeup. Every step that she makes, brings more tears to Logan's eyes and I can't help but wipe away my own.

Kiera and Carol stand beside me, tearing up as well. Actually, not Carol. She so subtly whispers, "Stop being drama queens, guys" to Kiera and I, but I also subtly bump her shoulder.

We sit in our seats for the mass, waiting eagerly for the vows. When the big finale comes, both Jasmine and Logan accept each other without hesitation. They place their rings on each other's finger and when they finally kiss, everyone cries.

Including Carol, who tries her best to stop it by looking up and fanning herself, but we can all see her.

As the ceremony ends, the guests file their way out of the church and we all get engulfed in the crowd, losing each other.