chuuya n. / piano

tysm for reading this book! <3
ily all! (ㆁωㆁ*)

——————
Chuuya was having a horrible day. First, his mission failed because he got distracted and let the enemy run. Next, Dazai pranked him by destroying his hats. Lastly, he got extra paperwork that needed to be done in two days. It was a horrible day, so his solution was to go out and drink. He didn't care if he ended up in a different bed, got hurt, or just passed out in the bar. He just wanted to forget what was going on.

When he entered the bar, he didn't expect it to be eerily empty. A few employees wandering, around three people drinking silently, and the music playing from a small speaker. Chuuya was glad it wasn't too packed, he would probably end up in a fight for sure. What was different about this bar though, was the grand piano sitting in a spotlight. The light was about to die, as it flickered a lot.

Chuuya didn't mind it being so silent, as he wanted some peace after the horrid day. But what caught his attention was a woman walking towards the grand piano. She sat down and started to play a song. The soft melody coming from the piano was enough for Chuuya to almost fall asleep. He could hear the woman singing quietly along with song. After she finished, a few people applauded her.

The lady walked towards Chuuya, and he was shocked. He was questioning why she would walk towards him when he got a closer look of her. She sat down, right next to Chuuya. He tried to keep his composure, but what she said surprised him.

"Had a bad day, Chuuya-san?" [y/n] [l/n] asked after ordering a drink.

[y/n] [l/n] was a lower rank in the mafia, Chuuya had seen her around. He had been on a few missions with her. From what he knew, she had no ability. He always saw her as a calm, lighthearted person.

Chuuya nods his head, making [y/n] giggle. When on the missions, she seemed like a whole new person. Out of missions, she was kind, supportive. Chuuya didn't know it then, but he definitely had feelings for [y/n]. So, the pair spent the entire night together, chatting away their problems.

What Chuuya didn't know then was that was the last night he would get to see her smile like that. The next morning, it was reported that Dazai disappeared on his mission. Chuuya was glad that he was gone, but what he didn't expect was that [y/n] mysteriously disappeared as well.

'No..she couldn't have...'

After a few years, he meet Dazai again. He now worked at the Armed Detective Agency, making him a traitor to the mafia. Chuuya didn't believe who he saw behind him.

Dazai's final sentence to Chuuya before returning back to the agency made him feel like he got crushed.

"Oh, Chuuya, I think you know how [y/n]-chan disappeared right?"

Chuuya scowled, "Of course! She disappeared—"

Dazai chuckled, "Didn't you think that she ran off with me?"

Chuuya sat there shocked, as [y/n] came out behind Dazai's back.

[y/n] smiles softly at Chuuya whispering, "I'm sorry.."

——————