Chapter 7 (edited)

1 month later

It's been a month and still nothing. I couldn't find him, it's like he never existed. Flicker is getting more and more restless with each passing day. She even stopped talking to me. Only a few words here and there. Dad wants to hold my coronation, he wants to retire officially. After mom's death, it's been hard for him to stay here. He wants to go on a vacation. I understand the pain of losing your mate is excruciating even though mine is just MIA. To say that last month been tough is wrong it's been hell. And here I'm sitting in my office trying to concentrate on work.

There been incidents of rouge entering the pack border that need my immediate attention. So I called Tyler as he's in charge of patrolling and border security. As I was waiting for Tyler, dad entered my office.

" You remember next week we have to go to Alpha Jonathan's pack for a full moon party," Dad said.

These kind of parties are there for young wolves (alpha, beta and gamma's kid) to help them find their mate. And many alliances are formed or broken at such party. So they're kind of a big political affair too.

" But I've already found my mate and I'm not officially an alpha. So I don't have to go. Right. " I look at him expectedly.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, " He's not here with you. And we can't explain his absence because of his being human. Nobody will believe it and as for being alpha, it's your responsibility to attend these parties as many alliances are made there and they need to know that you can these matters."

And he left without giving me any chance to make more excuses. I hate these party where I have to deal with those brats who think they own the freaking world. I was waiting for the moment I would have a perfect excuse to stop going to them but guess what now is not the time even though I have a valid reason.

"So you're going to the party. " Said Tyler happily. Why is he happy with this situation?

"Eddy are you sure you have a mate it wasn't some sort of confusion," he said like it's good to joke about it.

Flicker growled in my head and said " I'm going to tell his mate everything. Every fucking thing, every excruciating detail. "

" How could someone be confused in such matters. And Flicker said she's going to tell your mate everything. " I said as a matter of fact. And watch the colour drain from his face.

" Please don't. I'm sorry Flicker I take it back. I was just trying to lighten your mood. Please I'm sorry. " he pleaded Flicker, but she was beyond angry.

" What's going on and why is Tyler on knees in front of you! " asked Jay through mind link as he entered the office.

I didn't say anything just keep looking at Tyler, I feel bad for him but I can't argue with Flicker she's hurt.

I sighed and said, " Because some idiot thought it's a great idea to joke about mate and now Flicker is threatening him that she will tell his mate everything. "

As I said that Tyler turns to look at him while giving him his best pleading look.

Jay who was trying to suppress his laughter, "Who told you to joke about something like this when you have so many secrets to hide," he said to Tyler then turn toward me, "And Flicker look he is Forgive him this time as you know your punishment is too harsh for his mate. The poor poor girl already has the worst luck to be mated with this idiot, don't make it more difficult for her. "

By the end of this Tyler was growling at Jay and it was my turn to laugh.

" You know half of the secrets are there because of you guys. You tricked me into doing those things, " he blamed us while pouting.

We indeed let him do those things knowing how bad idea they were but most of the time they were his ideas. We just never told him how bad they were until it was late.

"Okay, I won't tell her anything. And I called you here to ask about the border. " I told him honestly.

" Since two weeks there hasn't been a single encounter of rouge entering. And I have doubled the patrolling. " He said and left like his pants were on fire.

I and Jay were looking at him leave and start laughing.

" Please have that in mind that he's still a kid and have mercy on him. " Jay said.

" I know but Flicker got angry. Mate is a sensitive topic for her. " I explained.

He hummed and said, " I came here to talk to you about the party. I know you don't want to go but it's a good opportunity as Kyle is 24 and still not announced as the next alpha. Many would try to seal the deal for themselves."

" But dad won't agree with them. " I said as a matter of fact.

" I know he won't but that won't stop them from trying, you should be there to show them that you have the tough enough to lead a pack. " He said.

I hate to say but he does have a point. They will try to get my pack as they have done before. And since there will be almost all werewolves leader of the country it will be a great opportunity to show them that I am the next leader.