Chapter 10

The next few days go by smoothly. I don't leave the two levels in the pack house that belong to Aidan and the rest of them. If it wasn't for the small gym I would have probably gone insane by now. All my injuries have healed, but I still needed to ease myself back into training. I want to be fully prepared to defend myself and any pack members incase the meeting goes south.

Me, Violet, and the boys have all fell into a routine over the week. We eat breakfast together then they go to work while I entertain myself in our quarters. At lunch one of them always comes to keep me company, and makes sure I'm doing ok. Then I train until dinner when we all come together to eat again. They always discuss how the day went. Each of them has been keeping tabs on people to make sure rumors haven't started to spread about my presence.

As for Aidan and I's relationship it's been going well. He understands that this is very new but also awkward for me. He never tries to push me to rush into anything. He holds my hand every once in a while, and when he leaves for the day he gives me a kiss on the cheek. I think I stunned him last night when I gave him a good night kiss on the cheek. Everyday the bond has grown stronger. I'm doing my best to not let that influence my feelings for him, but I know it's only a matter of time until I let him mark me.

The past four days have made me realize how much I miss pack life. I never craved going back home. I used to think it was because I lost my mate and felt as if I didn't belong anywhere, but now I know it's because my parents cut my pack bond. My wolf has been extra restless since yesterday knowing tomorrow we will be introduced to the pack, and also be joining the pack as their Luna.

I haven't had a single doubt that this is what I want. I have always loved to lead others, but blew it off as my natural Alpha instincts. Little did I know it was fate giving me the clues while disguising them as coincidences. I used to believe fate was a cruel bitch, but it turns out she's quite a lovely individual.

I head for my room to shower before everyone gets back for dinner. My room feels a little cozier each day. I add or alter something to make it fit my personality better. Every piece of furniture is white still, but I've added some black decor so it doesn't seem as suffocating.

I hop in the shower washing my hair and body. One of the other modifications I've made is the apple shampoo and coconut conditioner I had Voilet get me. It's a weirdly pleasant scent. Jumping out I walk over to my closet pulling a plain black shirt and dark blue leggings out.

Just as I finish brushing through my hair I hear the front door slam open. I hold still trying to listen to who it is. It's eerily silent for a split second before the commotion and shouting ensues. I rush out of my room and into the living room to see what has happened.

"You're telling me that she has nothing to do with this!" Alex shouts at Aidan. Violet is pushing Alex back as best as she can. When I finally see Aidan I can't help myself. I run over to him, taking his head in my hands and looking over his face which is littered with cuts and bruises. Hurt flashes through me when he pushes my hands away from him.

"Alex please." Violet whimpers behind me. I turn around and gasp. Alex is in worse condition than Aidan, and Violet looks the worst out of everyone. She's limping and holding her left arm close to her chest.

"What happened?" I take a step toward her, but stop abruptly when she almost falls over from backing away.

"Like you don't know." Alex pulls Violet into his side shielding her from me. I look between him and Aidan confused. The door bursts open and an injured Emeric and what appears to be a doctor and two nurses flood in. I move to the wall to get out of the way. They look everyone over before moving over to Violet. I notice Emeric coming over by me.