VI

Hoseok's arm fell limply back to his side as he leant himself against the brick wall

Hoseok's arm fell limply back to his side as he leant himself against the brick wall. Everything hurt. Every damn thing. Hoseok found himself wincing as he rose to touch his arm, there was a glistening shard of broken glass cutting through the flesh and his blood ran freely down his skin, soaking in with his cotton white t-shirt. It was heavily trickling down his arm, a bluish-purple bruise forming around it. Hoseok lightly pressed his index finger against the side, using his other hand to tug out the shard of glass, throwing it to the floor as he let out a drastic sigh. 

He found himself sucking in a sharp breath as pain spiralled across his body, having to bite his lip from the pain of it all. He didn't have enough strength to process that he'd just been hit by a car, yet alone just sent a man to the floor with a shockwave of energy. He was in a loose trance, everything felt almost dreamy in his state. 

"Hoseok!" a familiar voice called out. The orange haired male turned his gaze from the headlights of the parked car to the raven haired male desperately dashing towards his fallen form. 

He felt his senses returning as the male reached his side, "Yoongi?" he rasped out, voice horse and sandpapery. Yoongi fell to his knees in front of the injured male, placing his pale hands against Hoseok's face as he began to examine the male, 

"Fuck, you're really beat up." Yoongi muttered as he trailed his fingers gently along the small cuts that littered the side of Hoseok's face, gasping when he noticed the larger wound on Hoseok's head, "You need a hospital..." he spoke in a panic, realising that Hoseok was loosing a lot of blood, too much for anyone's liking. 

"I agree." Aurora spoke up, arriving at Hoseok's side with a pained expression, "We need to get you out of here." she breathed, clutching the book of elements tightly in her grasp after it had begun to cool down. Casting her eyes to the leather book, Aurora knew that their location couldn't have been given away by Yoongi's abilities, nor opening the book. Their location was most likely given away when the book began to heat up, a signal wave of some sort that notified the enemy. 

The book was dangerous. Dangerous, but their most useful tool.

"g-guys..." Hoseok spoke up, pointing a shaky finger towards two figures climbing out from the back seats of the parked car, "who... who the heck are they?"

Snapping his head in the direction of the parked car, Yoongi let out a lace of curses at the two tall and built figures approaching them. Just like the first guy they were strongly built, golden eyes piercing through the darkness of the night as they stepped before the beams of the car. Gulping, Yoongi realised that with brute strength alone, someone as little built as Hoseok and himself were no match to the men's power. 

Transferring his gaze back to Hoseok's form, Yoongi watched in disapproval as the orange haired male rose unsteadily to his feet. He swayed a little before finding his balance, "I don't know what the actual hell is happening tonight but..." Hoseok shuddered, "something tells me this is really bad."