XLIX

So who wants them to marry already?

Warmth. Dampness. Tenderness.
Delicate as the pitter-patter of the rain on the leaves, soft as a kitten's steps. God, I truly wanted a cat.
I pried my eyes open and noticed that something was indeed going on, that it wasn't just a product of my tired brain. And I didn't need to turn my head to know that Lorenzo, the man I was in love with, was cleaning me up by tenderly dabbing at my skin with a warm, damp towel.
I decided to feign sleep, for I was curious as to what he was going to do next.

Lorenzo got up, seemingly in order to dispose of the towel, and sat back down on the edge of the bed, right next to my waist. He brought his hand to my face and moved a lock of my hair behind my ear, before letting his fingers trail along my cheek in a relaxed fashion. A whisper escaped his lips, spoken in his native language, and I couldn't grasp the meaning of a single word he'd said. It was a question, probably, something along the lines of 'che cosa mi stai facendo?', though I wasn't exactly sure.
"Alison." He called, gently shaking me by the shoulder.

I didn't react, instead, I let him repeat the process a few more times before stirring and finally opening my eyes, finding myself staring right into his. "Mmm, what?" I asked, slightly confused after seeing him all dressed up.

He smiled a breathtaking smile, caressing my arm with his knuckles, and nodded towards the hotel room's door. "It's time to go, baby." He said lightly, trying to hide that tiny hint of reluctance present in his voice, which however did not go unnoticed.

"But why?" I questioned childishly, morphing my face into a disappointed frown and pushing my lower lip out in a pout. I rolled on my back and looked up at him as I spread my legs, still somewhat scowling.

Lorenzo kept his eyes fixated on my face and he leaned in, placing a sweet kiss on my lips. "I need to go back home, Ali. I can't spend the night out of the house without immediately raising suspicion. It's already very late." The corners of his lips dropped as he explained that, proving without a shadow of a doubt that all he wanted was to stay with me, to fall asleep next to me, not her.

I got into a sitting position and slid on his lap, my naked body contrasting with his fully clothed one. I wrapped my arms around his neck and made sure to press my most private part against the center of his navy blue slacks. "Who cares? You can always make up some excuse." I applied a little bit of pressure and sighed, lightly moving my head back while doing so, exposing the column of my throat. "Why would you ever want to leave me?"

"Get dressed, Alison." He ordered firmly, his fingers circling my forearms and forcing my arms down to my sides.

"I can't get dressed if you don't let go of me." I shot back seriously.

His hand, which was grasping both of my wrists and keeping them behind my back, moved away, freeing me.

An amused giggle erupted from my lips as I pushed him down on the bed and climbed up his body, stopping only when my knees were on either side of his head and my pelvis was hovering above his face. "What would you do if I were to sit on your face right now?" I breathed out slowly, starting to get less amused and more turned on.