15- You answered with another question

Rehearsals for our piece with Tessandra, the following Saturday, went significantly better. Overall, I had reasons to be satisfied, but I was still worried about the ending of the choreography.

It was a difficult part that I always messed up, more than for it's objective difficulty, probably because I thought about it the whole time expecting the worse, basically driving my own anxiety higher and higher.

As a result I couldn't do it properly yet, not even once.

Of course after our class together at the Dark Horse and our dinner that night, the air between me and Sean cleared and we were finally able to move around each other without getting uncomfortable or stiff, like it always used to be.

But of course the awareness of my feelings for him fell on my shoulder like a burden, not having yet decided what to do about it.

We were trying again the whole choreo, Tessandra observing us attentively from her spot next to the wall mirrors. Near the end I leaned on Sean, he grabbed my legs and then lifted me up following the music.

It was it, the move I feared. I needed to relax and focus in order to get it right. Or else my anxiety would have ruined everything once again.

Finally, I managed to pull off the move without setbacks, like unwanted trembles or ungraceful landings. I did it, clean and simple.

When Sean put me down we executed the last steps, then I looked at him one last time before turning my head and walking away.

"Yes!" cheered Tessandra, leaving the corner she was in and coming to us. She opened her arms. "That's amazing, I knew you could do it! That's exactly how I pictured it."

Sean smiled and squeezed my shoulder, all enthusiastic and excited. I reciprocated, feeling a little bit lighter.

Our hard work was paying off.

"I think we're ready to film it, right guys?" she asked, turning to the small crew of producers and video makers in the room with us.

Quickly they all nodded in agreement, but I doubted there was anyone that had the guts to disagree with Tessandra.

I knew I wouldn't.

"Perfect! Next Saturday, 8:00 am. I'll send you the location." she commanded. Her face softened when she added: "Keep rehearsing. Again, good job."

-

After saying our goodbyes and retrieving our stuff in the changing rooms, me and Sean met outside the building.

We had to wait for my mother to come pick us up since Miya needed Sean's car - that was actually Serris' car - so we decided to sit under a tree in the parking lot and repair from the sun.

He was glowing, satisfaction blasting out of every pore.

"You happy, Lewser?"

"You're not?" he replied, almost offended. "I was scared we couldn't fix things in time, but seems like we nailed it!"

"We did and I'm surprised too..." I remarked, unsure whether I was addressing the former or the latter statement. "Only a week and we're shooting."

"Yeah, we better get ready."

I nodded, pulling out a bag of almond from my backpack and offering him some. He threw a bunch of it in his mouth, chewing loudly.

We probably would have needed some more practice this week. The piece looked good already, and Tessandra agreed, but I felt like we needed to add some more details.