18: Jello!

12 - 8 - 2014
-

~Mikayla's pov~

~Mikayla's pov~

I never expected to have half of my body leaning against Jacob's, my head on his shoulder as we sit on the sidewalk in front of the house we spent the night at, waiting for a couple of friends who left us behind.

I never thought I'd reek of alcohol that was spilled on me purposely because the owner of the house refused to let me shower, with my head feeling like it was going to explode from the deep pounding and ringing in my ears. Hell, I never expected to get drunk, let alone be hungover. I basically felt like poo.

I never imagined myself waking up next to a shirtless guy who I'd been getting close to for the past two weeks and realized I liked yesterday with my memory totally wiped.

*Twenty-four hours ago*

"Op Op Op Op Oppan Gang-" My hand was pressed down on the button before it could even continue.

I rolled out of bed, almost falling off the side of it, and came to my dresser to pull out a shirt and some pants. Or should I go with shorts? Weather forecasts said it was going to be sunny today -- a big contrast to the past week -- so maybe I should, in celebration that the weather was finally not acting bipolar because, when isn't it weird that it rains during the summer here?

Today I was going to the party with Jacob, unless I somehow convinced Annabelle to make Ethan pick me up from my house because, dear god, it's going to be so awkward and uncomfortable a whole car ride along side Jacob. Maybe convincing Annabelle won't be so hard, she can be so . . . sympathetic towards others when she wanted to be, so let's hope she wants to show some sympathy to me today.

Without another thought, I was ringing up Annabelle with the number I saved from our call yesterday.

She answered with a groan. "You've awoken me," she complained in a husky voice.

"Sorry." She waved me off my apology with a 'don't sweat it' so I continued. "You think you could pick me up around," if we get out at two-thirty and we'll be at Madison's house for about an hour --

"You could just ask Jacob to drop you off at my house and then Ethan'll pick us up, besides I want you to wear something tonight," she interrupted my thoughts already knowing what I was going to ask of her. She gave me her address. "He'll pick us up around six, six-thirty."

"Thank you." I blew out a breath.

"No, thank you. If you wouldn't have called me, I would've been late to school."

"Okay, well bye."

"Farewell," she said with a little too much enthusiasm. If you haven't noticed, she always liked to say good bye in another way -- she says because 'bye' or 'good bye' was too boring and overused.