Volume 01 Chapter 14

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT

Wife's here!

Selena didn't expect Xavier to visit her when she's hospitalized. She didn't even expect him to start introducing her as his wife.

"Hello. I'm Xavier's wife. My name is Selena."

I'm a demure, virtuous wife.

"Mrs. Easton, congratulations for your marriage and pregnancy. You are lucky to have Mr. Easton as your husband. He's every women's dream husband after all."

A doctor cut him.

"Was doctor. Mr. Easton is already a married man."

"Of course, of course."

The director carelessly brushed it off.

"So Mr. Easton, when was your wedding? If we had known, we would've attend the ceremony and prepared you a gift."

"We don't have a ceremony. We only registered our marriage."

"Oh, is that so."

The director looked at her in pity.

What's with that look? Are you pitying me because I'm an unfavoured wife with no formal marriage? Even though we're not really married, I'm his only woman, you know!

Or she just don't know about them.

Well whatever! I'm his only woman in his home minus the maids!

"Is Mrs. Easton been examined already?"

The director asked and a doctor answered in return.

"Yes, Director. I'm the one who examined her. There's nothing wrong with her condition and the fetus."

The director look at Xavier.

"Do you want to examine her again, Mr. Easton?"

The doctor who attended her frowned after hearing those words.

Xavier didn't say anything and nodded.

The doctors who accompanied the director went back to their own work while the director went out of the room with Selena's doctor in tow to get her results.

Only three of them was left in the room. The black aura earlier started to appear again.

The devil look at Niko who was silent the whole time.

"Young master Niko, I want to have a moment alone with my wife."

Niko look at Selena with hurt expression in his eyes before nodding painfully.

Selena looked at him apologetically and mouthed sorry.

Niko just smiled forcedly before turning back to the door and left without saying goodbye.

The room became more oppressive when they're the only one's left.

Selena bit her lips and look down with her fingers as if there's something interesting in there.

Now what?

Ding!

Side Task 8: Let the Fire be More Wild!

Description: Provoke Xavier until he snapped

Reward for Completion: 100

Penalty for Failure: -150

Selena's eyes nearly bulge out.

System, what I want is to extinguish the impending fire, not to be burned by it!

She really wants to asked someone if her system has been malfunctioning. One day, this thing will cause her own death.

While she's thinking how to disassemble her unreliable system, she didn't notice a certain someone nearing her.

A shadow has appeared at her side and next thing she knew, she was pinned down in bed while her two hands was held by a strong hand.

A certain devil was hovering above her body while his beautiful black eyes is looking at her coldly straight at her clear black eyes.

"What are thinking about my Selena? Are you thinking about that Niko guy?"

Selena was shocked while she automatically denied it.

"Am not!"

The devil hummed while tilting his head making him look seductive.

"Really? You're not thinking about that touching proposal?"

Selena snapped out in her daze when she heard that question. She look at the devil's beautiful eyes and remembered her task.

A twinkle of mischief appeared in her eyes.

"What do you think?"

The devil's eyes squinted as an oppressive aura started to leak in his body. The corner of his mouth lifted as he sneered.

"In case that you forgot, Miss Maxwell, you're pregnant with my child. Back home, who was it trying to seduce someone in the past three weeks?"

Selena frowned.

He's aware?

She thought he has a low EQ as he only ignored and brushed off her flirting. She didn't know he's not only aware, he's even mocking her!

In this three whole weeks, he only took her as a clown!

Selena is fuming.

To hell with the mission!

"If you're aware with it, why didn't you stop me! Are happy treating me like a clown?!"

Xavier frowned.

"Forget it. It doesn't matter. My seduction doesn't have an effect on you. You're a stone. A stiff stone! Even a bulldozer can't move you and your little thing down there! Maybe I'll just use those moves to Niko. Maybe he can appreciate my beauty and maybe, I'll just accept his proposal."

Xavier's face turned dark as his grip in her hands tightened. He gritted his teeth as he slowly spoke.

"You'll seduce him? Do you think that little boy will truly accept you while still carrying other man's child?"

Selena look at him calmly.

"If you've been eavesdropping Mr. Easton, you could've also heard what that little boy had said."

She courageously look at him in the eyes while raising her chin.

"If there's a guy who'll truly accept me with open arms, that would be N-"

She didn't finished what she's about to say when a soft pair of lips covered her mouth and fiercely kissing her.

She tried to struggle but the man's hold is too strong.

Selena is starting to get afraid as a metallic taste of blood started to appear between their fierce kiss. She started to pound his chest.

Please stop!