Chapter 6

8 months later

Andrea's POV

   "Mr. Joris is here to see you." my assistant voice came through the speakers. Normally Daniel would just allow Jules to come in since he was after all my best friend but I gave her specific instructions not to disturb me. I have a big case working on and it needed my utmost attention. 

  "Sent him in." Jules had been in New Jersey for a week and I didn't hear from him since he left. I guess he was busy with his sister. 

  The sister used me for sex and broke my heart into a million pieces. 

  I tried my best not to think about the past eight months because every time I taught about her I'd feel a pain in my chest. 

Heartbreak. 

  Her words were cruel and I tried so hard not to remember them, remember her. Now it was unavoidable. I had to ask Jules if she's okay just like I would ever time he went to see her. I couldn't give him the slightest clue that something has happened between me and his sister. 

  Jules pushed the door of my office opened and walked over to his usual spot on my couch. I turn to look at him. He was wearing jeans and a sweater and he looked like he would except his face was showing distress.

  "What's wrong? You look beat up." I looked at my best friend with a frown. Jules wasn't the one to be angry or sad a lot. The only time I've ever seen him sad was at his parents funeral. "Did someone die?"

He let out a deep serious laugh, "No but someone is about to."

I raised my brows at him. "What happened?"

"Some bastard got my sister pregnant." his face was glowering. 

My heart jumped at the word sister, "What?"

"Jaimee is pregnant."

"What?" I said again but it was because of my shock. Jaimee is pregnant. The same Jaimee I had unprotected sex with eight months ago."

"Jaimee is pregnant."

"I know. I heard that part. Who is the guy?"

Am I the friend of this unborn baby or did she sleep with someone after me?

No Jaimee isn't the type. She was a virgin. 

He frowned, "Some guy she had a one night stand with."

  I swallowed and look across at my best friend and ask the question that my brain was fighting to know the answer to, "How far along with is she?"

"Eight months tomorrow."

  Everything fade when he said eight months. Jaimee is pregnant. Jaimee is pregnant with my baby. My best friend's sister is pregnant with my baby.

   Why didn't she tell me? Didn't she know that I'd eventually find out? Why would she keep something so important from me?

Probably because the last time you saw her you called her a cold-hearted bitch.

I didn't mean it.

   It was the first thing that came to my mind after what she said. Her words had hurt and I wanted nothing more than to hurt her as much as she'd done to me. After the beautiful night we spent together she looked in my eyes and told me it was a mistake?  That it was the alcoholic talking? That she just wanted to lose her virginity? I just wanted to say something to match up to all the things that she said to me. I didn't really mean it. I tried to text her and ask for forgiveness but I never had the courage to text her first.