20 | Sins in A Smile

Satine broke away from the republic transport and scrambled towards the steps of the Jedi Temple later that same night

Satine broke away from the republic transport and scrambled towards the steps of the Jedi Temple later that same night. She had been in a state of panic since she lost track of Master Ky. Her chest rose and fell in utter dread, and sweat clung to her forehead as she ran. Master Kenobi was there to meet her at the bottom of the temple steps, along with Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano who followed closely behind "Satine, slow down, calm down!" he attempted to ease her "What's going on?" Obi-wan asked, placing his hands on her shoulders as she halted breathlessly in front of him.

"Da- M-Master Ky!" She gasped, placing her hand on her chest as she caught her breath. She looked over her shoulder and pointed in the general direction of where Dakota was in the never ending city "There was a person who came after us, Master Ky and I"

"Who was it?" Anakin demanded, the concern for his co-general rising.

"I don't know, I- I've never seen him before!" She babbled, rubbing her forehead "Just, Master Ky got me to safety, in a very unorthodox manner if I may add, but I don't know where she is now. And I heard blaster fire back there, and I fear the worst!"

"Are you alright?" Obi-wan asked, wanting to take her hand but decided against it.

"That doesn't matter! What matters is the safety of Master Ky. Do you not care?"

"Duchess, of course I care" Obi-wan assured.

"I'll send for Rex" Anakin announced, turning to Ahsoka "Come on, snips, we got a co-gen to rescue"

Ahsoka narrowed her eyes humorously "Master, you know she hates it when we call her that"

"Well she's not here to get mad, now is she?" He smirked.

Satine scoffed, a look a disbelief was clear on her beautiful face. She put her hand to her stomach as the pit of dread grew in her gut "How can you all act so casual like this?!"

"Satine" Obi-wan sighed and stepped forward, her arms falling to his sides "We are concerned, believe us, but Master Ky knows how to handle herself. Take us to where you last saw her and we'll find her" Satine pulled away from him, still not looking convinced "I've know Dakota for a long time, she'll be alright"

"Yeah.." Satine mumbled to herself as Obi-wan walked away "so have I"

~

Above her head was a grey, rather dull appearing ceiling. It's metal material was rusted, and chipped in several areas. And numerous cracks ran along the perimeter and across the top. She laid motionless on the hard floor, her eyes focused on what's above. Electrified handcuffs were wrapped around her wrists, and two tightly on each ankle. To finish off the look, an electric collar was fixated on her neck. If she attempted to struggle against them, they would send an electric shock coursing through her body, which is something that she wanted to avoid.