37

Like comment share

Katrina was now getting off work at 7:15 and she was tired as ever.  Today was a busy day at the shop considering she had a big group of girls to help for a bachelorette party. But over all she had a good day , still she couldn't wait to get home and lay down with her man.

Starting up the car she headed home while letting the radio play old school music. softly in the background don't get me wrong Katrina likes rap but she preferred r&b any day no matter what time it was or where she was it. Just the feeling it gave her when she listened to it. Music today is nothing like it was back then. She stopped at Walmart so she can grab some things to cook. Walking in she grabbed a basket before wiping it down and then walking to the freezer section. She eased down the isle  before picking up some asparagus placing that in the basket she then went to get some fresh potatoes, cheese, sour cream , bacon bits , and diced greens. She went to self check out before grabbing her things and making it to her car and back home.

Walking in she kicked off her shoes and placed the bags on the table. The lights were still off so she knew that Amir wasn't home yet. Going upstairs she quickly changed into something comfortable before coming back down. She got everything out the bags before putting the empty bags under the sink in the cabinet. She washed her hands before grabbing a pan and sitting it on top of the stove waiting on it to heat up. She then grabbed some aluminum foil before placing butter on it. She sat it to the side and filled up a pot of water and placed the washed potatoes inside.

Once the pan was heated up she added olive oil into the pan before placing her asparagus in there and seasoning it. While she was checking the potatoes she heard the front door open and close.

"Damn it smell good as hell in here, what you cooking girl" Amir came in the kitchen giving Katrina a kiss before looking at everything

"Baked potatoes with seasoned asparagus " she mixed around the asparagus

"If it's baked potatoes why you boiling them" he look confused.

"It's easier to just boil them first to me and then place them in the oven that way your cheese , bacon bits and greens can be all melted together" she placed the potatoes on the aluminum foil before cutting them in half she took some out of each one before adding toppings.

"Yeah that make sense mamas but imma
go get out these clothes right quick" she nodded as he kissed her forehead before going upstairs. Katrina placed the potatoes in the already heated oven as she took the asparagus out placing them on a plate. She then checked the potatoes seeing that they were ready and she took them out placing them on the plates.

She sat the table right as Amir came back downstairs with some basketball shorts on. He sat down as they both said their grace before eating.

"Man you can cook your ass off" he ate the asparagus.

" don't buck my head up now" Katrina cheesed

"I'm serious this shit is beyond good"

"You're really the sweetest boo"she pouted

"We need to start eating more home cooked meals if it's go be good like this all the time "

"Amir this is just something simple , wait till you see what i could really cook"

"Why you holding back on me"he finished up his food placing it to the side.

"I haven't really been having the time with work and stuff"

"Well one day we go do a cook off with each other and Jayden can be the judge"

"That's a good idea Amir i like the way you think" Katrina threw their plates away as Amir cleaned the kitchen.

"We could probably do it sometime before Christmas" they both made their way up the stairs.

"That sounds like a good idea boo but lemme go take my shower right quick " he nodded watching as she walked off into the bathroom.

Amir sat on the bed thinking of how much he's  been so happy and Katrina played a big role in that. He absolutely loved this girl with everything in him and couldn't wait till the day they both say "i do" Amir was so deep into his thoughts he didn't even hear Katrina come in until she stood in front of him.

"Boy what you thinking about like that i been calling your name" she started to get dress before getting in bed.

"Kay what you think about us moving in together" he looked at her

"Um i don't know Amir i kinda like my space every once in a while"

"We can get guest rooms" Katrina laughed.

"I love you Amir but i like having my own things something i can call mines"

"The house would be in both of our name i just don't see what's the point of the wait we've been together for almost a year i don't get it"

"Amir it's not the time yet, once everything gets settled down then we can talk about it"

" you basically already live here you come everyday with or with out me telling you to come so what's the difference now"

"Amir I'm not saying I'll never move In with you I'm just saying not now"Amir smacked his lips 

"Man alright" he got up going into the bathroom to take a shower.

It wasn't that she didn't wanna live with him because she practically already do she just don't know if they were ready for that big step together as one. When they get mad they cant just leave and go home they had to work it out then and there. Eventually she knew they would have to have a serious conversation about it but she didn't wanna talk about it now Katrina tried to wait up for him but she could no longer do it as her eyes got heavy and she went to sleep.

Amir stood in the shower with his head down as the water ran over it. He though kay was gonna be down with them moving in together since they were basically already doing it but to hear her make up excuses had him baffled and he couldn't  wrap his head around it or understand it. But he had to respect her decision and just wait until she was ready to go through with it rather than them being on two different pages.

He finally stepped out before brushing his teeth and walking out , right when we was about to have a conversation with Katrina he saw she was sleep. He quietly laid beside her before wrapping his arms around her body as she got more comfortable. And he watched tv before doing off letting sleep take over his body.

Like comment share