Overprotective Sister

opening to date night.

Kate and Kara decided since Kara was stuck at home, on bed rest now, that their date would have to be at home. Kara was released from the hospital, but was required to stay in bed for recovery. She'd be allowed back at school in a week or two.

"Alex, can't you just go out with your friends or something?" Kara whined a little loudly as she carefully replaced her bandaged over her shot wound in the rest room . Alex rolled her eyes.

"And leave you alone on your date? Yeah, not happening kid" Alex replied.

"Alex, I'm not a baby you know" Kara retorted.

"You're 16. That's still pretty much a baby" Alex replied. Walking over and fixing the back of Kara's hair. "Besides. We could be in our 60's or 70's, and you'd still be my baby sister" Alex tells her. That made Kara's heart smile.

"Thanks Alex" She said softly. "Fine. You can be home. Just please Alex. do not embarrass me Please" Kara begged. Alex faux pouted.

"Well where's the fun in having a little sister if I can't?!" She joked, making Kara roll her eyes.

Alex hugged Kara from behind and placed her head on Kara's shoulder.

"Fine. I won't embarrass you. But any funny buisness and Kate's meeting my fist" Alex said sharply.

"Alright. Alright." Kara replied. Alex sent her a wink.

"Ah yes. Good girl" Alex said. A knock came on the door. Kara and Alex exchanged looks, and then they both ran downstairs. Alex got to the door first. She opened it.

"Katee!" Alex said. Kate's body langauge shifted slightly. She was sort of intimidated by Alex.

"Hey Alex" Kate replied. Alex smiled as she let Kate come in. "Thank you for allowing me into your home"

Alex smiled.

"Of course. I just want you to know that I'm gonna be downstairs while you and Kara are on your date in our movie room upstairs" Alex said. "So I'll be listening, and watching. And if I hear any funny-" Alex was cut off by Kara's voice and running down the stairs.

"Alex! Haha. Thank you for that wonderful talk. Let's go Kate" Kara said as she took Kate's hand and took her upstairs.

"I'll be watching you!" Alex called. She laughed to herself. Of course she was gonna be overly protective. Like... Duh?