Twenty Seven

Taehyung felt his heart leap a thousand times, realizing that the men have their eyes on him.

His gaze immediately landed on his alpha and Taehyung held his breath, seeing something different in those dark eyes. Jungkook looks at him as if he had just seen him for the first time.

The blonde forgets about the other people in the room, his eyes only settles on those dark eyes that send his heart in overdrive.

Taehyung almost panicked when Jungkook stood from his seat and slowly walked towards him, eyes not leaving his own.

The blonde forgot how to breathe as the alpha walked past him only to stop behind his back, towering over him. He slowly wraps his arms around his waist, pulling him softly toward his hard body.

Taehyung almost fainted, realizing that the alpha is hugging him tightly from the back, possessively displaying in front of everyone that Taehyung is his. He felt his cheeks burn at the feeling of Jungkook's strong arms caging him and not wanting to let go.

And as if Jungkook really wants him dead from his sweet gestures, he said the words Taehyung badly wants to hear from him.

"Everyone, meet my love. Kim Taehyung."

The blonde stiffened, his heart doing incredible leaps. For the very first time, Jungkook has called him by his name, not human and not pest. He called him Kim Taehyung, a rather simple act but for the blonde, it means everything. He felt like crying in happiness even though he knows it's only an act.

Taehyung hasn't even recovered from this when Jungkook softly planted a kiss on his right cheek, warm and tender, making him gasp in shock.

Someone from the men cleared his throat, distracting Taehyung from Jungkook's sweet attacks.

"So you are the one." the brunet one said, eyes scanning Taehyung from his head down to his feet, stopping a little by his neck where Jungkook's mark adorns. "I must say Jungkook, you always get the gorgeous ones."

The two other men mischievously smiled at the brunet's remarks, both agreeing. They eyed Taehyung a bit long, making him shiver under the kind of look they are giving him. He felt uncomfortable, seeing how they shamelessly stare at him as if he is a piece of meat they want to devour.

Taehyung subconsciously placed his hands over Jungkook's strong arms, wanting to feel secured. Jungkook felt the uneasiness he's feeling.

With his arms still around his waist, Taehyung felt himself being dragged to the chair where Jungkook was sitting earlier.

Jimin is about to stand to offer his chair to Taehyung, but Jungkook prevented him from doing so. Instead of pulling one more empty chair as expected by everyone else, Jungkook sat on his chair, pulling Taehyung with him.

The blonde gasped as he was sat on Jungkook's lap, his ass pressed over the alpha's crotch. Jungkook possessively wrapped his arms back to his waist again.

Taehyung was beyond shocked. He slowly turned his head to meet the alpha's charcoal eyes, only to be taken aback.

He saw something unexplainable cross the alpha's eyes for a moment, making his heart beat even faster than the speed of light.

Taehyung felt afraid. He felt afraid of himself for wanting to interpret the look on the alpha's eyes as something he knows he will never feel toward him.

The thing called love.

He cursed himself for fantasizing such thing. He knows Jungkook is only acting like this to fool the people around. He's just pretending that he has fallen so madly in love with him, just like how an alpha should feel towards his mate.