Chapter 13

Evie's POV

"I can’t believe we get to go to Tony’s house again!!!" Donny is jumping up and down as he packs up a paper bag with his famous snacks. This time, he switches out the Oreos for Gold Fish.

"Emily said she’s never had Gold Fish before," Donny says when I asked him about the change of snacks.

"Can I knock?" Donny looks at me with a huge smile when we get to Tony’s.

"Go ahead."

Before his hand even touches the door, Emily opens the door and hugs Donny.

"Hi!"

"Hi!" Donny yells back. The two run off to Emily’s room. I walk in the door to slip my shoes off and Tony is concentrating hard at the dining table. He hasn’t even seen me walk in.

I tip toe behind him and look ever his shoulder. He’s working on Algebra.

"Hi," I whisper into his ear.

Tony jumps and spins around. When he sees me he smiles and unexpectedly pulls me into his lap.

"Hi negrita,” he whispers back and rests his forehead on mine. I’ve always viewed Tony as the bad boy type. But moments like these are so… Intimate.

"What are you working on?" I ask softly, pulling back.

Tony slides one hand around my waist and we turn towards his homework.

"This stupid tarea has my head spinning. All the numbers are swimming all over the page.”

I can see Tony getting frustrated as he stares at the page in front of him so I take his face in my hands and make him look at me. I smile then he does too.

"You just gotta take it slow Tony," I say.

"Kinda like how you and me are taking it?" He smirks and I feel my face get warm.

"Yeah. Kinda." I let go of his face and turn towards his homework. "Let’s start from number one."

"Hang on a sec mamas." Tony gently tilts my head so I’m looking at him again. "You always get… defensive when I talk about us."

"That’s cause there is no us Tony. At least not now."

Tony laughs and I’m slightly relieved that he’s not upset. I’m also happy that he is willing to take this slow. From what I’ve heard about his past, Tony can make any girl fall in love with him.

"Of course there is." He brushes at my flyaway hairs with his hand. "I’ve been working on that rehab thing you gave me."

"You have?"

Tony laughs again. “You sound so shocked. And yeah. I have. I’m at half a bottle right now. I actually didn’t drink at all yesterday and I feel pretty good. If you and Donny weren’t coming over today, I probably woulda drank but right now I don’t feel the urge.”

"That’s awesome Tony!" Even though I’m still in his lap, I fling myself at his chest and hug him. "I’m really proud of you," I murmur into his black tshirt.

"Gracias." We pull apart a little bit but are still face-to-face. I really wanna kiss him right now.

"Do you mind if we don’t?" Tony asks.

"Huh?" I’m no longer daydreaming about making out with him.

"Like. Don’t kiss? Emily and Donny are in the other room and I don’t want them thinking something is going on until we’re sure."