19 | betrayal

His plump lips are feather light against mine, the taste of vodka and sugar coating his bottom cushion. The kiss starts out slow, I don't get a reaction from him just yet but when his hands find my neck and grip the hairs on the nape my heart is all over the place. He kisses me back hard and eager, a hint of desperation laced in his touches. His tongue licks the entrance of my lips and I automatically grant him permission for him to take me down to pieces. My firm grip on the collar of his shirt is slowly loosening up as my fingers trace each and every button on the way. Wrapping my hands around his torso, I suck in a breath and my eyes flutter open only to face his beautiful angelic features. His earthly brown eyes sparkling with delight. This entire moment is just so perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. There's something else though I'm missing. I mean I think that Jimin kind of likes me but I still don't understand what exactly he meant when he mentioned this thing about helping me escape Jungkook. What does he want in return?

Gazing deep into his glossy eyes, I'm starting to question the entire night, but I'm too hyped and too drunk to function. What I need right now is something to soak up the booze.

Jimin stares at me, a foxy smirk playing on his lips, causing those fucking adorable dimples to surface near his cheek area.

This man is meant for me. I can feel it in my core and there's no denying it. I want him so bad and now I'm finally receiving a sign from his side after all this time. There's no way in hell I'm letting the opportunity of being with him slip from my fingers.

Because I really really like Jimin. He's good for me.

And I take good care of the things I cherish.

Jimin's POV

Elena's lips share the same taste as mine, their liquid yet soft texture driving me insane. Completely mesmerized and intoxicated by her way of approaching me I let myself let go for a while and enjoy the moment as she grabs onto my shirt and forces me towards her. My hands search for her neck on their own accord and I settle on playing with the tiny hairs on her nape. My fingers twirling the curly strands and getting tangled in the process while her own hands trace my torso setting my skin on fire while she's at it, despite the fact I'm clothed and half conscious. This woman is a fucking tease, I swear. One moment she portrays the innocent girl next door and on another she's a hot rambunctious mess who can lure any male and put them under her spell. And seeing her with my best friend confirmed my suspicions about her.

But they also made me want her more.

As we kiss in front of all our colleagues from uni, I can see Jungkook glaring at us with an inflamed rage burning scorching hot in his eyes. What I'm seeing isn't jealousy or just plain anger it's something much more intense.

Betrayal.

This is starting to get very interesting.

And when I want something, I always keep my eyes on the prize.

Elena's POV

After heading to the bathroom in the end of the hallway, I finally relieve myself from all the vodka I impulsively gulped down earlier. I freshen up by powdering my nose and applying some mascara to my damp eyes. Goodness gracious, I'm sweating as if I ran a marathon under the sun. Then I grab my favorite gift I received today and coat my lips with some of that peachy lip gloss that Jimin gave me. I smile at my reflection and play our kiss on repeat on my mind.

He wants me too.

Feeling utterly satisfied with myself, I flush the toilet and snatch my purse. When I exit the bathroom I bump onto someone's hard chest.

"I'm sorry," I apologize in an instant keeping my head down out of embarrassment.

"It's alright." Says a deep velvety voice and my eyes widen in realization. Looking up, Taehyung's deep brown eyes stare into mine and I feel like I've been splashed with ice water.

Shit, what is he doing here? What if he recognizes me?

"Are you okay Elena?" He asks, a concerned expression taking over his squarish features.

I just stand there frozen. Not a word coming out of my lips.

"It's Elena right?" He continues. "I mean you're the birthday girl."

Bitting my lip in agony I nod. But he just looks at me clueless or he's just indifferent then he pats my shoulder.

"Cheer up," he smiles "it's your birthday."

Holy crap, the guy I sucked off a few days ago in the Golden Closet is standing right here grinning at me.

"So, you're interested in Jimin?" He suddenly inquires.

I nod once more and his smile is replaced with a more subtle expression.

"I see," Taehyung mutters "well, just keep your guard up with him Elena."

"Why?" I manage, purposely keeping my voice low.

But he just shrugs and flashes me a thin smile before leaving. "Let's just say that your interests differ from his."

What the hell does that even mean?

The urge to call him back and chase after him is tempting but I would rather keep my distance just in case. I can't have Taehyung too knowing my secret. Who knows what will happen if he ever found out. What if he decides to blackmail me as well just like Jungkook? But what if he is a decent man and starts feeling guilty about it? I quickly shake the foolish thought away. He's a man. Of course he wouldn't feel guilty. I did take his money after all. Everything that happened at the GC was a transaction and the only thing left to do is to remain cautious when Taehyung is concerned.

I finally return to the dancefloor and my eyes spot Jimin neat the sofa with a plate in hand digging into some leftover cake. Grinning from ear to ear I head over towards him when something else catches my eye.

More like someone else.

My heart stops beating at the sight.

Jungkook is kissing Joy.

Anger is surging through my veins like adrenaline as I grit my teeth and clench my fists. But before I manage to get my shit together and storm towards them Yoongi has taken the lead by grabbing Jungkook from both shoulders and shoving him away from her. I want to interfere but my feet are planted in the ground and I'm unable to move. There's this feeling of bitter devastation rising inside me and it strikes me at my stomach. My eyelids start to feel heavy, a single drop of a tear falling from my eye.

No, he can't see me like this. He isn't worth it.

Tears keep on falling like rain and I whimper as I finally gain the strength to turn around and rush out of there. I make it past the crowd and collapse in the hallway close to the stairwell that leads upstairs. My breathing turns shallow and continuous as I clench my chest sniffling like a pitiful girl that has been betrayed by her boyfriend in the most defeating way. We are nothing, so why is this affecting me in such an extent? Normally, I should be frustrated with the fact that he kissed my best friend without her consent but instead I'm fucking aggravated because he kissed another girl other than me.

Why am I fucking crying for that bastard? I don't even have sincere feelings for him!

But the tears never come to an end.

Suddenly as I look up, I notice a familiar dark figure standing in the hallway glaring towards my direction. The man walks a straight line and my eyes adjust into the darkness. I recognize the rough floor scraping sound of those thundering footsteps caused from his worn out Timberlands. A storm is hidden behind his eyes, his lips tightened forming a thin line. He runs a hand through his wavy dark hair as he pokes his cheek with his tongue, the same insanely furious expression imprinted on his features.

I quickly wipe my tears from my face as he approaches me. I don't want him to see me like this. Thank goodness the hallway is dark.

"You're fucking done Elena." Jungkook tells me, his shiny eyes slicing through mine like knives. "You are so fucking finished."

His eyes are glimmering in the darkest of spaces and for a slight second there I figured he was crying.