➪6

~

~

[2nd person]

Their reaction was, let's say, not what you thought it was going to be...

"HAH HINATA COUGH UP THE CASH!" was all that was heard throughout the gym and everyone was pretty shooketh to be honest, well, other than Takahashi as she had a couple more braincells than they did. Although, in their defence, they didn't expect a volleyball prodigy to be in their piddly little school.

All eyes were on you, which did make you sort of uncomfortable.
But of course your 4lifer was here to help you
"Guys you're making her uncomfortable with your staring" stated Akiko, for someone you didn't like at first she proved to be real helpful.

"Oh sorry about that" came an angelic voice, which was obviously gonna be Sugawara (I mean, who else has the voice of an angel other than him and Kiyoko).

Before anyone got another word in,  a yell came from the door of the gym
"GET TO PRACTICE" oh goodness your poor eardrums "I DON'T WANT TO SEE Y'ALL SLACKIN' AGAIN"
and so, they immediately ran to start practicing.

He turned to you, "Hah, well I never, what're you doing here then Miss Black Dove"

"I could ask you the same Ukai"
you didn't even look at him when you spoke "How's that little shop of yours"

"Tch"

"Wait you know him?" said a familiar freckled face

"Perhaps" you said with an irk mark on your face

"Sometimes wish I didn't" Ukai mumbled

"HAh?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was true, you did know him although it has been a few years, yet you remember him like it was yesterday.

Managing to make it to nationals once again and, to avoid as much social contact as possible, you were wandering around away from your team. Though, as usual, you weren't looking where you were going and bumped into a certain someone, he turned around and looked you dead in the eye, but it didn't seem to scare you, you just looked back with confusion clear on your face. You weren't scared of this face at first, it was just an old man what's he gonna do? Throw his hip replacement? But then, the team of high schoolers turned around to look at you along with a man that looked to be perhaps a few years older than them, cocking your head to the side you said "Can I help you?"

"An apology would be nice"
"And what if I don't want to apologise?" god you have a mouth on you for a 13 year old may I remind you that you are in-front of a group of high schoolers, who are all taller than you an adult man and an old guy, you are so gonna get beat.

But instead of the old guy replying the adult guy decided to pick a fight. "What a brat"

"HaH?"

"You heard me"

"You looking for a fight old man?"

"I AINT THAT OLD"

"YOU'RE OLDER THAN ME"

As you two were arguing pretty much everyone on the team sweat dropped and the old man was ready to destroy his ass
"Um Ukai-Sensei we need to go"

"Yeah yeah I know somebody grab Keishin for me I'm done with his shit"

"Yes coach!"

And on cue, some third year grabbed him by the collar and dragged him away,
"Hah, leaving already?" you teased "that's a bit cowardly if you ask me"

"We'll finish this another time"

"Whatever you say"

Ah yes, this was your first encounter with dear old Keishin and you didn't regret a single bit of it. You went back to your team who only seemed to greet you with stares. 'What a lovely welcoming' you thought and rolled your eyes at them.
You won your match, though only just, with you scoring over half of the points and, as always you left the team to do their thing and went to wander around again.

What you didn't know, was that the team you had encountered before your match watched your game and were surprised on how you could play, and the fact that you were standing out from your team so much, however, the only reason you were standing out, was because you were the only one in the team that was putting in any effort.

Your team was actually very skilled when you all worked together, and you were unstoppable the first few months you had joined. But, they realised, that you were much more talented than they were and that they didn't make a huge impact on the team as much as you did. All people seemed to talk about was you, it angered them, how you were stealing the spotlight from them even if you had only been in the team for a few months. You had almost immediately become a regular on the team as a wing spiker and soon enough you overpowered the ace and took their spot.

They didn't like this.

You didn't know why but you were upset about it and eventually drifted away from them. You even tried toning it down a bit but as soon ad you did, a huge gap in points would appear so you knew it wasn't an option if you wanted to win.
But what hurt you the most, was that after nationals you would be leaving them, moving to Japan permanently never to be seen by them again.
The next match wasn't good, the team you were up against worked together fruitfully and communicated between each other and won easily.

They were mad at you, like you were the reason this had happened, like it was your fault. They were just jealous, they wanted your skill for themselves.

Ah, well, not like you'll be seeing them again anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anyway what are you doing here?" Ukai asked, he was confused to why you would be here when you have a team in England. "Don't you have a team?"

"I moved here" you simply stated "and its not like my team wanted me there anyway"

"Agreed" he replied

"hAH?"

"As in I watched both of the matches"

"You spying now?"

"What?, no just curious. And those spikes were killer!" he shouted and slapped your back.

Everyone looked at you for a couple of seconds before Kageyama walked up to you and asked a question "Can you spike one of my sets?"
You looked at him for a couple of seconds before answering "I'd love to but i'm kinda wearing a skirt" you said pointing at the clothing. He blushed at the thought, 'What a perv' you thought, knowing what he was thinking about.

"Um, you can wear these if you want" behind you was Kiyoko holding a gym back with some clothes in it.
"Thanks" you replied.

Time to show these idiots what you're made of.

~❣️~

(A/n) - This one is longer than the others and yeah basically your past is explained a bit more and stuff but yeah I hope you liked it

Edited ✔︎

Edited ✔︎✔︎