037

Control

Yoongi lazily lays on the couch in his small room, arm resting behind his head as he stares at the ceiling

Yoongi lazily lays on the couch in his small room, arm resting behind his head as he stares at the ceiling. Much to his surprise, the world is quieter than usual, until the soft hum of the vibration coming from his phone breaks him out of his trance, eyes narrowing as he reads the name on the screen.

Confused, Yoongi picks up after a few rings, his brows furrowing together as he hears the voice at the other end of the line.

"H-hyung?" Namjoon says pressing the bridge of his nose.

"What is it Namjoon-ah?" Yoongi says sitting up from his position on the couch, an arm holding him up on the couch while the other presses the phone closer to his face as he notices the strain in the detective's voice.

"I-I need your help." He says. "Are you at Anpanman?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll meet you there in a bit."

Yoongi anxiously paces around the room as he waits for the detective's arrival, practically running to the door almost as soon as he hears the knock.

As soon as Namjoon walks in he can sense that something is off, the detective's brown eyes glowing yellow as he looks at Yoongi.

"I don't know what's going on." Namjoon says, his body jerking forward as he steps into his room, almost losing his footing.

"Can you tell me what you're feeling?" Yoongi says helping the detective up as he guides him to the couch.

"My heart beat is accelerated and has been like that since last night, and my eyes haven't stopped glowing since." He explains giving him a worried look.

"What triggered it?"

"Jungkook got attacked." Namjoon says with a heavy sigh making Yoongi purse his lips, fists clenching at his sides, but he nods none the less as the detective explains what happened.

"Namjoon, what do EunMin, Tae and Kook mean to you?"

"They are my family." Namjoon replies without hesitation, making Yoongi nod and scratch his temple.

Yoongi's gaze shifts to the detective when he lets out a groan, his eyes glowing brighter as the pressure in his chest intensifies.

"Don't fight it Joon-ah." Yoongi says putting a hand on his shoulder. "That feeling is your instinct to protect your family. The more you fight it the worse it will get and the more you will lose control."