ONE

"We leave tonight."

My mother tells me as she wakes me from bed and guides me to my closest.
I then put on a pair of Doc Martin boots and pull my favorite hoodie over my head.

You may be wondering, why are we in such a hurry to leave? Well, let's start from the beginning. My mother's name is Kasumi Kobayashi. mostly known as the prominent early retired hero, Blue Devil. Her quirk is called "Body heat". Along with her amazonian appearance, she can increase her body heat to create steam, burn through walls and even light herself on fire. And my father on the other hand, His quirk is psychokinesis. I barely know anything about it or seen it in action, but What I do know is that His quirk is very special and only comes once a generation.

'And I was born with both quirks'

My mother and father were married. she was just getting into being a hero full time, and my father was a well known business man. They were rather happy for a while until my father was reported dead from a plane crash during a business trip. I remember my mother on that day sobbing by her bedside, the sound of her crying filled the house. I was sad of course, but me and my dad didn't exactly have that father daughter like relationship the public portrayed us to have. We're moving to get away from it all, so we can make a better life for ourselves by starting over scratch. Though I have a gut feeling that there might be other things going on behind the scenes, but I'll ask mom when it feels right.

"Hello, Earth to Akira!" My mom snaps in my face to get my attention. "Hun, You've been looking at your empty closet for five minutes! Are you okay?" I quickly gain my senses back and gave her a tooth grin "Sorry mom I kinda zoned out.."
"It's fine, I do the same thing at times." Mom says back to me. "Just hurry up and get your belongings so we can leave before sunrise."

I nodded back and quickly filled a nearby bag with the essentials, but paused. There was a photograph of a friend and I from when we were little. We were so innocent and happy back then before my father ruined it all. Shaking my head and frowning, I quickly grabbed the photo and stood up. "Akira, hurry up!" My mother said as she poked her head in the room. "Ah, I'm coming!" I yelled and waved her away. I took one last look around my room and said goodbye to my childhood nostalgia.

We hurried down the street, the sky the color of pitch. The last train was going to leave the station any second now, so this was our last chance to leave Hosu. Finally we had reached the terminal and had just made it on. Breathing a sigh of relief, I dropped my bag beside me and sat down in a seat by the window. I heard a soft sound next to me as my mother had done the same.

"So, where are we off to now? Tokyo? Osaka?" I tilted my head on curiosity and questioned. My mother shook her head and smirked. "It's a surprise! I don't want to ruin it!" She joked and patted my back while laughing at my dead expression.
"Just sleep for now, you'll see when we get there." Rubbing my head, she smiled softly as my head plopped on her shoulder. All of the adrenaline and anxiety had started to wear off, so I felt drained. "We'll be fine. I promise, Akira." My mother's words was the last thing I heard before drifting off to a peaceful sleep.

Yay! First chapter! I hope you enjoyed it. UNTIL NEXT TIME!

(Updates once or twice a week!)

Don't forget to Vote!

Dr1ppy~⭐️